Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Art Lounge and Gallery > Happenings and featured members
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2005, 11:43 AM
Level 8 user

Re: September Exhibition Blake

Blake did you redo your site? because it is looking alot more organized and catchy to me now for some reason. Its funny what sells and what doesn't. I find my least favorite pieces, that took the least attention and effort sometimes sell more than the ones that took alot of blood sweat and tears. Who knows.

Last edited by Jamo : 10-03-2005 at 01:10 PM.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:50 PM
Level 10 user

Smile Re: September Exhibition Blake

Blake
Thanks for showing us your latest show. I picked up a lot of tips from the pics etc. I also admire your work and and see a level of maturity that is compelling!
Old 10-04-2005, 12:46 AM
ISC Professional Member

Oddist
I know that one client said that it was the way the work was presented that induced him to purchase it, otherwise who knows.

Jamo
Yes the site is new with a great deal more design involved. The girl who designed the new catalogue was very good and I arranged a package deal that included the invitations, the catalogue and the site. I am keeping the old site as it is low band width and accessible to all and my friend in Edmonton who has developed it enjoys to keep it going for me, I am grateful for his help.

As to what sells, I think that presentation is very important and this show was successful because it was in the artists studio rather than a gallery and people preferred that, as to what work sells, you said itů. Who knows?

Bluedog
Thank you for your kind words. I know that I have learnt allot from others involved in this forum and I am very pleased if I can help out in return.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:41 PM
Sculptor

Blake - Congratulations on the show, and especially the sales. As your stories illustrate, these things can be quite unpredictable. The opening shots are great, and look just like ones in New Orleans. People do come to visit and to be seen as much as to see the sculpture. But your work really is fine, and I especially like the breadth you display.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:26 PM

I do like the new site, Blake. Clean and classy. But whenever I click on individual works to enlarge them, the window that opens up is an error page. I tried both Mozilla and IE to no avail. Am I the only one?
Old 10-05-2005, 11:41 PM

Ditto here, Sam.
By the way, I went to the DeCordova with some sculpture students today. Your Organization (I think that's the title) is doing fine. There is some evidence of spider activity and some wasps seem to be interested in one of the small openings near the top, but the piece looks fine.
JAZ
Old 10-09-2005, 02:54 AM
ISC Professional Member

Frichie
I appreciate your comments thank you the event has been a great experience. I will look forward to seeing a show in New Orleans.

Sculptorsam & Jaz
The site will not be complete finished before the end of Oct so please try again in a few weeks when all the photos will be working. I have had a slight budget over run and had to scale back site development.

Thought I would post three last photos of the opening
Proof that some people actually did look at the sculpture

Thank you everyone for your comments and interest
The next event is the

Biennale dell'Arte Contemporanea, Florence, 3/11 December 2005

I will keep you posted
Blake
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blake_2005 0021.JPG
Views:	280
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	2263  Click image for larger version

Name:	Blake_2005 0038.JPG
Views:	256
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	2264  Click image for larger version

Name:	Blake_2005 0047.JPG
Views:	260
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	2265  
Old 10-09-2005, 07:46 AM
Level 3 user

Belated congratulations on great work, great presentation, and a very much deserved success. Wonderful stuff and thanks very much for posting progress and pics. P.s., you have an amazing, and amazingly situated studio. Must be great to create in that atmosphere.

Very, very well done. Thanks for sharing.

T
Old 10-10-2005, 09:00 AM
ISC Professional Member

Tristan
Your comments are most appreciated I am pleased that so many people have enjoyed sharing this event with me.
I have been very lucky to find an atelier in an old building with high ceilings, a large door and good vibes, the neighbours are wonderful as well. Of course we artists can create anywhere but it is very helpful to be able to work in a space that has a conducive atmosphere.
Thanks for tuning in.
Blake
Old 10-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Level 10 user

Blake thankyou for showing these photos and for telling us that the work is selling. It is allways encouraging to hear about someones success. Also this is a great idea for titles and the way they possibly relate to sales(if it is a good piece and it doesnt sell with this name maby its misunderstood so change the name and to a degree the way people understand it. I wish we could get higher res so i could see your work in better detail.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:15 PM
ISC Professional Member

Tobias
I think that titles and stories are very important to help give life and spirit to the work, people want to be entertained and love to be able to find mystery in things, art is no exception.
Thanks for sharing the experience with me.
You could try my web site at www.blake-sculpture.com for low band width equipment or www.blakesculpture.com for the flash site.
Thanks for your interest
Blake
Old 10-11-2005, 05:50 PM
Level 1 user

For those of you wishing to see Blake's work...you can see most of it here: http://www.blake-sculpture.com

ncb
Old 10-15-2005, 07:21 AM
ISC Member

Great work, Blake. It's good to know that your talent's not going unnoticed!