Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Sculpture Roundtable Discussions > Sculpture Community and ISC topics
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Level 1 user

Question important inquiry

Dear Friends,
My great dream in life is to learn the art of paleo sculpture. This is a field of sculpture where the subject is prehistoric life such as dinosaurs and mamomoths. I have been desperately searching for information on the subject but have managed to come up with very little. Is there anyone out there who can kindly advice me as to where I can get information or help on the subject? Better still, are there experienced paleo-sculptors out there who could kindly write and sell me detailed self study courses on the subject? If so I am desperate to hear from them so we can negotiate a price. I am based in England. Many thanks and I hope to hear from some of you.

Dragon
Old 01-06-2006, 12:07 AM
Level 6 user

Re: important inquiry

Hi Dragon,
I do not remember their names, but I did a web search some time ago on a couple of the artists who did some facial reconstructions published in National Geographic Magazine (King Tut, I think). If memory serves, one of the latest issues had some reconstructions of prehistoric aquatic dinosaurs. Perhaps you can check the library or NG website for the names of the artists who did that work.

regards,
Brad
Old 01-06-2006, 08:59 PM
Level 10 user

Re: important inquiry

A friend does fossil reconstruction for the Smithsonian Institute & some colleges teach museum display which includes fabrication of this sort. Just a couple places /avenues to check out. Good luck with your passion/ pursuit.