Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Community Announcements > Sculpture News and Events
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Level 10 user

Re: Meet Kate Moss - contorted

Joe, that thing is nothing...and he's upped the ante now by casting it in gold...probably means you'll like it even better. That thing is a symptom of the "un-newness" that afflicts and contaminates modernity. It is a harnessor of the creative impulse...distracting some of those efforts of individuals that might have been authentic. Remember, there are artists out there who are impressionable...even gullible (they deserve a shot, too) This kind of work is holding us back in every way. I just wish these types would have found something they were good at so they could have made their fortunes without putting on an artist costume.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Level 5 user

here here evaldart!
Old 08-29-2008, 01:11 PM
Level 10 user

Well, I really enjoyed pop art when it was around. This is just the current version. I like non mainstream art. I like more art than I dislike by a huge percentage. Of course there is varying intensities of pleasure. By like I mean, at the very least, amused and engaged.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Level 10 user

Thumbs down Re: Meet Kate Moss - contorted

Just like some people like Hostess Twinkies, despite how bad they are for your health and by extension for your mind.
Lou
Old 08-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Level 10 user

We should all like ALL Art. But it must really be just that. It is not just a 20th century phenomenon that plenty of "other stuff" gets called art that actually is not (there have always been parasitic performers). And we musn't be afraid to venture a hard definition of Art for ourselves and assert it, then, in discussion...it will make us better. Exclusion is necessary... so as not to become caked with fluff, frozen stiff and disabled by a sugar-coatedness. Dont worry, the stuff one artist excludes will surely be INcluded by another. Probably the only way an artist actually "matures" is by the constant tweaking of his definition of what he will and will-not accept as Art. Which means less energy and intensity will get wasted by the considering of stuff propped up in front of you by your "culture". Where you once could be tricked into dalliance - you now maintain your momentum...intellectually and actually.

Last edited by evaldart : 08-30-2008 at 08:47 AM.