Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Sculpture Roundtable Discussions > Sculpture Community and ISC topics
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2007, 09:13 AM
Level 10 user

Sculpture Mag web

I've been an ISC member to get the magazine for about ten years (individual membership). While I have always found the whole thing quite worthwhile I have yet to make any use of the website features such as uploading images and tapping into the more updated opportunities section. Is it easy to get this stuff set up? To get a password or secret number or something that will let me in? How do I break in?
Old 08-12-2007, 12:09 PM
ISC Member

Re: Sculpture Mag web

When I needed the PW to access the website I gave the office a call, and two minutes later had the PW. Very simple. Give them a call.

Ari.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:11 AM
ISC Member

I think it's also included in the email they send you when you join/renew your membership.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:30 AM
Level 10 user

This would not be relevant to Evaldart would it? He said he joined 10 years ago.

Edit: Oh, I didn't notice you said when renewing membership as well.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:08 PM
Level 10 user

I have never received an e-mail from them - always renewing by mail. I guess I'll just call them up.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Level 10 user

So, did you call them up and managed to get your PW?
Old 09-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Level 2 user

Quote:
Originally Posted by evaldart
I've been an ISC member to get the magazine for about ten years (individual membership). While I have always found the whole thing quite worthwhile I have yet to make any use of the website features such as uploading images and tapping into the more updated opportunities section. Is it easy to get this stuff set up? To get a password or secret number or something that will let me in? How do I break in?
Hi evaldart,

To access the opportunities section online, you'll need the user name and password that came with your membership (it's printed on the forms we send you each time you renew, but you can also call the office if you can't find it).

Just this month, we've changed the way our online Portfolio system works. We hope it's more user-friendly, now! You can submit all of your information and images online, instead of mailing the information to us. If you're interested in getting started, click here:

http://www.sculpture.org/redesign/port.shtml

You can create a user name (an e-mail address) and password (your choice!) to get your Portfolio submission started. And after it's up, you can log back in to edit your text or to add additional images as you see fit.

If anyone has any questions about the process, feel free to ask me. Or you can always email portfolio@sculpture.org

Last edited by LaurenH : 09-21-2007 at 11:53 AM.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:12 AM
ISC Member

Hi, Lauren.

Kudos on the self-serve site! One tiny problem, though...I'm trying to save updated images, and they're not sticking (even if they're under 50kb).
Old 11-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Level 2 user

Hi Julianna!

I don't see any pending images from you, so something's definitely going wrong. Typically, when someone has trouble uploading an image, I'll at least be sent the sculpture's name (and the media, size, etc.), with a picture of a broken image and red X. But I'm not seeing anything from you yet.

And your images are definitely under 50k? We posted a couple of photoshop tips for resizing them, here:

http://www.sculpture.org/Directory/r....shtml#imagere

If you haven't followed those steps, that might be worth a try. Other things I can think of that could cause an uploading problem... your images might be in CMYK color, or might be saving as gif files. Neither of those images will successfully upload. It could also be an issue with your internet connection or our server being sluggish when you last tried the upload. Give it another shot and let's see what happens, or you can always email me a sample of your images and I'll take a look.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:51 AM
ISC Member

Hi, Lauren.

I went back to the page today, and it looks like the images are there. There seems to have been a delay between my uploading the images and them showing on the site.

Thanks!