Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Sculpture Roundtable Discussions > Sculpture focus topics
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2006, 08:43 AM
Level 10 user

Re: drugs and the process - yes or no

Blacksun, that’s some pretty harsh sentiment, and just as you’ve known “Alcoholics and drug users generally are a serious waste of space, and a misuse of oxygen” I claim to know the opposite, (yes,there are those who have become lost in life, whether that was before or after the drugs is not mine to judge), but there are plenty of well known musicians, writers, poets, artists, sculptures, playwrights and philosophers who have and do use some sort of substance on occasion to relax the mind and allow the creative muse to whisper.

A list of all the creative types in history who’ve used something that in this moment of history is classified as an illegal substance would be very interesting and eye opening indeed.

While you may consider them a ‘waste of space and oxygen’ I can assure you that many are smart enough to practice discretion when posting their admissions and private thoughts on the World Wide Web in a public forum where their galleries, collectors and people quick to judge can find it. Let’s just say both their grey matter and their discretion remain intact.

Some people abuse, others use as a tool, some recreate, still others have other reasons - It’s useful in life to not paint everyone with the same brush.

Edit: Just read your post #85. Now I see while the world is so black and white for you. You’ve been exposed to the worst of humanity. You have my compassion; I wish there had been less of it for you to have to swim in. Thank you for your time in service trying to make the streets a safer place.
However, to use the vernacular of your world (paraphrased): Drugs don’t make addicts, addicts make addicts.
In other words - people who wish to kill people don’t need guns to do it and people who wish to destroy their lives don’t need drugs to do it.

Last edited by MountainSong : 12-13-2006 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:51 AM
Level 10 user

Wink Re: drugs and the process - yes or no

Mark,
my recipe calls for hunting/gathering of old metal. Sometimes I can just pick through my cache or piles of rusted metal I've already accumulated. I wade through the parts and when the right piece shows it's likeness to an animal part or some abstract vision pops into being....eureka! Then the buzz really starts a hummin.....side effects are usually caused by family members that become self appointed critics. I don't pay them much mind. I prefer the side effect I deposit in the bank from people I don't even know! As another thought came to me...I wonder how many of us are self medicating with sculpture that would probably have been diagnosed as Attention Deficiet Disorder kids if they had had that label when we were growing up? Sculptor, heal thyself!!
Old 12-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Level 8 user

Tired Iron, this is really cool, hopefully others will put up their recipes so at the end we can come up with something really great. A recipe to heal.
Im with you Mountain-song. Blacksun- its hard not to be harsh about what you write, you must have had a real hard life. I believe that the best way is with love.
All the best,
Mark
Old 04-01-2007, 09:44 AM
Level 8 user

okay all, lets fill this joint, so we can smoke it up, with all the best stuff. Lets get more real, and show everyone how we feel.
all the best,
Mark

Last edited by mark pilato : 04-01-2007 at 09:51 PM.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Level 3 user

I like getting high!
Does it help my Art? who knows, I like the groove, I like the music, I like the light, I like making sculpture, I feel in control, I know what I am doing, its fun!
Old 04-01-2007, 06:40 PM
Level 1 user

I thought those involved in this thread might find this link fascinating:
http://www.cowboybooks.com.au/html/acidtrip1.html

Despite how intriguing I find it, I still have absolutely no opinion regarding the topic...carry on....
Old 04-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Level 10 user

There have been splendid evenings in the painting studio when huge canvases were being encumbered by combinations of deadly cadmium, lead, zinc, and oxide of chromium. Fantastic 2-d journeys spurred-on by loud music and can after can of beer, just me alone covering up the empty places in creative celebration, a little more overjoyed by what was happening than I shoud have been. Woudn't trade those nights.

The sculpture studio on the other hand is like living in the worst part of town (and I have lived there in more than one town), you dont go there without your faculties, danger is everywhere. Electrocution, impalement, incineration, amputation, and thumb-smashing await the unwary traveler. Success occurs when you have fooled you opposition into thinking you just might be dangerous too. Your game face must be convincing. No beer til the work is done.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:46 AM
Level 3 user

What do the various people on this thread mean when they refer to 'drugs' - are they referring specificaly to illegal substances that alter the state of mind or including alcohol, tobacco and caffeine? I think current legislation is nonsensical in banned a small number of substances when there are hundreds of species out there that produce the same effects.

I have known good friends addicted to herion and cocaine ( never touched them myself ) but I certainly won't turn down a spot of weed if it's being passed around and back in the good old days ( only a couple of years ago ) I quite legally grew my mushrooms and took them on an occasional basis. I still have a large collection of peyote cacti ( haven't eatne any for ten years or more ) and I only stopped taking Salvia divinorum because I grew bored with it - all these ( 'cept the weed ) done without breaking any laws.

We will never be able to stop people seeking out mind altering substances - ban alcohol and people will look for something else that doesn't carry the same legal sanctions. The law can't keep up with the number of plants that can do the job and the inherent nature of people to experiment with their own brain chemistry.

Did they help my creative streak? Direct depictions of trips are probably only of interest to the person who took the substance in the first place. Salvia creates something so far removed for normal experience that I don't think it's possible depict it in any meaningful way but the strange concepts and distorted views have certainly made it as far as the sketch pad and even if I haven't produced something directly based on the experience some of it must have filtered through.

I don't think the use of mind altering substances is necessary for art but I'm sure many pieces are the better for it - even if the artist has had only unpleasant experiences.

I can't respect anyones view who dismisses work simply because of the artists choice of intoxicant - if Rodin had a few glasses of wine whilst producing The Kiss or the Burghers of Calais does that make them less valid as art.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:22 AM
Level 8 user

Hi Funes,
For me, I want to be 100% for my children, facing the world head on with the knowledge that I have the strength to say no. At the same time, I also know that we are all very different and some of us can pass a joint without the want for it every day. I have many friends who partake and I have had many good times with them. Still I feel that drugs sometimes can get in the way. I would ask you, do you see them getting in the way, would they if you smoked every day? Many who read this are interested in what you say? ---
I found my drug, its the best "kind". last week it was a snow board, my Daughter Carmen and Son Guyaton. I grooved with the sounds; my children zooming around me with their "yahoo's!" the streams that carved there way through, the blue ski, the slushy snow the sound the board makes as it scrapes over an icy-patch and the way my heart stops when i find a toe edge way to soon way to fast, bash. I love every moment and most of all I love that I can get so dam High, I cry. Maybe Ill find my drug again today, maybe in the clay, or in some natural way, or maybe I will have to wait for another day, but I will take it no other way. The picture bellow represent two natural highs, the first being one of my best works.
All the best,
Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	guy.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	5735  Click image for larger version

Name:	saint Peters.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	5736  
Old 04-10-2007, 01:56 PM
Level 3 user

As an artist I am an emotionally sensitive person. I used drugs and alcohol for 21 years of my life hiding all of the unique, artistic qualities I had inside me trying to "fit into" the box society told me I should be in. Learning that being unique
is something of a gift to this world and I also believe God likes seeing us artists
create for His pleasure too. I belive the realness of our unique ,artistic minds
are for giving of the energy that the "Boxed Society" cant give themselves.
We are the light and energy of the earth. We bring that spark of realization to our world that nobody gets otherwise. So, where does using drugs fit into all this?
I like to think that my everyday spiritual awareness and energy brings to my mind and arms and legs and hands and eyes the creation of an artistic piece
that is not falsified by the use of a mind or mood altering substance. I also use my art to keep me balanced emotionally when things are good, bad, indifferent, beautiful, wonderful, whatever. I guess my art is my drug. So, like God I suppose, You cant be a slave to 2 masters! ART or DRUGS? Be real, make real art, from your sober clean soul.
Ive been clean since 1985! Im so glad I stopped using.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Level 8 user

Very cool whisperingangel, sounds like your on a great track, and congrats for being clean for so long. Tell us about the first few years off drugs, how you did it, and how you coped with the addictive pull. Bring us to your place, and share your tools with the rest of us.
All the best,
Mark
Old 04-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Level 10 user

The medium is my drug and the labor is my high and to both I am addicted.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Level 3 user

very interesting thread and poular too. I really wouldnt pretend to know the answer to this question. I dont judge artists i only judge their work.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:22 PM
Level 2 user

personally, im 21, and i've done just about every kind of drug you can imagine, i've smoked pot regularly for the past 6 years, not a huge drinker, although when i drink i ussually black out, i got my hands on alot of fresh mushrooms, and i can say that i've seen gods face, along with the devils (metaphorically). i've done cocaine dozens of times, heroin, smoked crack, tripped on acid, completely lost my mind, babbled nonsensically with no break in rythm for close to 10 minutes, spent time in "hell", (what i think jesus was talking about), where time was stopped, and thousands of evil faces were screaming silently from the textures on everything, my mind is still sharp as it ever was, i can honestly say that i've grown from many of my expiriences while on drugs, but like the buddhists say, even about buddhism, is that it is not the ultimate truth, it is a vehicle you use to get to the other shore, once your reached your destination, there is no need to carry it upon your back. I can say that the only thing i was trouble stopping is ciggarettes, one of the most horrible habits i can imagine, it's done so much more damage then any drug i can think of, and my dependence on it is trully disgusting, i've noticed (especially with pot) it's good for some things, doing boring, repetitive tasks and keeping the mind focused upon the project, regarding decision making i would definetly prefer a sober mind, as many times i've looked at work after i've completed it high, and it's dissapointing. all in all, drugs are everywhere, pot, ciggs, java, sex, relationships, love, sleep, it's your desicion whether to depend on them or not, to be truly free...
Old 06-16-2007, 11:41 PM
Level 4 user

Drugs and power tools...how is that a good idea? No judging...just curious.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Level 10 user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randa350
Drugs and power tools...how is that a good idea? No judging...just curious.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01159 (Small).JPG
Views:	315
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	6388  
Old 06-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Level 4 user

Quote:
Originally Posted by underfoot
Touche! LMAO!
Old 06-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Level 3 user

Re; Mr. BlackSun? please do not judge me in my so very bad spelling I'm just lacking in education and a few times I have lost Oxygen to my brain and this too takes me down a point or two.
real quick let me say, your new avi? cool, but the old one I kind of did like, it had a slight hint of, oh how can I say--- kind of a weird clock work orange type of feeling to it,, but who is to judge,, I mean "BlackSun" has got a interesting ring to it also,, like maybe a bit devilish,, not really the name of a church I'd be looking into sending my people, but hey its just a name I know "if" it were myself doing the assessment I'd probably say " Dam Johnny It's a good thing you told me you were a cop or I may deem you unfit and unworthy to post here amoung us,, oh that is also if as well I was narrsisistic, now then my passing judgement would be worthy, yes?
The rest of this I'll do my best to keep brief,, just a few stupid questions from a lesser life form. "FREEWILL" what do you know about this word magistrat or what shall I refer to you as? how about "big holy man wit de gun always a pointen, tat same one as deone whos job is oxygen distribution."
Re; "ACADEMIC LIT"???? 90% youve read? no kidding mr. blacksun? now this is a statement which read in volumes, but gotta jump forward so this one also we'll skip. I have to just say I really doubt its more than James mind could possiblly concieve,, I'd bet my newfound prize in life "freedom"
As far as any of my rights to your sympathy or compation? I'm sorry but your just a tad bit late, you see I was born without them and scooted ever so slowly inch by inch through my nightmare I mean 41 years of life, my capture/master/tormentor/torchurer/ sadist/rapist/womenchild beating sociopath little drugfree man, or you may call it a father, was a strong man kind of like you had that big weapon he talked about as though it were his "human" son, my taste of "human" rights I only just gained them two years ago. so please forgive my cynacle thoughts on the word "freewill" or " a waste of human life" and or is worthy to your standards. end of part #1
Old 06-25-2007, 01:15 PM
Level 10 user

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliabarannikov
... i've seen gods face, ...
The greatest thing about talking with god,
is that she's really hot
that voice,
that face,
those eyes
(sigh)
and those legs..
talk about heaven
I love god with all my heart and soul, and every last milligram of my quivering flesh

oh yea, drugs...
lets polish off the whiskey, smoke some pot, drop a few hits of acid, chew some mushrooms, grab the chainsaws, and head off into the woods...
Old 06-25-2007, 02:09 PM
Level 3 user

part #2 for BlackSun at the bench.
I am absolutely certain you a are really wondering why this subhuman being from another race his busting your balls as though I am some equal opponent with a tittle, with oxygen to spare. Nope, non of the above, I'm barely an artist, have a few globs of clay, but do know all about it being raised by a daddy who IS a artist leaving a trail of scattered bronzes, all fetching a price, my daddy s a hero, not a blade out of place,, you may not believe this but I didnt cry as a baby (an infant) I knew better! is this not a pleasant sight? such a welllbehaved little baby not a peep or a wah, wow he just like a toy doll, fully trained , no need for batteries, for many years my head was flat because of all the time I lay in my box, in that back room inside of my drawer, yes indeed kind of like a toy doll!!! I'd rather been that fucking doll blacksun and let me tell you NO you do not know what I mean.. so your granpy was an alchi and this gives some sort of insight into this nasty empty world of a few of us(not including you) you are a real human a member of the race. I cannot explain or paint you a picture that could possibly give you a peak of any reason at any time in my distant past that I struggled in a starved panic for anything that could be even have some resembling of something real, I crawled into that bag in sheer absolute fear anything to escape whatever this place is, I'd cut off a leg if I really believed it might work. I waant to ask you BlackSun do or have you ever felt guilt? I'm not talk about your addiction with that way so common thing with you and your brothers, kicking down doors all geared up for war shoving your huge weapons into pregnant mothers laying in bed while they are stil pissing themselves already cuffed no way man we are the man no need to take even a slitghest tiny chance, these are not people are not of our race but more like bugs, so to keep our shinny shinny image glowing to our huge adudience we call the people who all sit like cattle buying into this imoral twisted bullshit we watch on this big tv, look at all them heros you can spot them real easy there the ones with them guns, there weapons are what guide them(in many many case that is, excluding those true peaceofficers not shoving the weapon sneering in judgment down that nose from above, the man and women who ARE risking there lives because they are human and have a realistic mortal view that we, EVERY FUCKING ONE OF US PEOPLE ARE HUMANS, WITH EQUAL RIGHTS TO AT VERY LEAST THE SAME SENSE OF FREEDOM, WORTH, EQUAL RIGHT TO LAUGH, TO BE HAPPY AND SAFE, AND EVEN TO FUCK UP AND MAKE BIG MISTAKES, WEATHER IT BE DRUGUSE FOR ANY REASON,, BLACKSUN YOU DO NOT KNOW WHY I CRAWLED INTO THAT BAG, the picture of 41 years in my mind is a wreak even while a am able to live a clean life, fear is the most godawful tool in teaching any any any subject or lessen, nobody can teach me anything different, no gradstudent with full honors, but I can tell you this, had you been my twin brother there would not been any bquestion about it youd been running as full of terrorr as myself, looking for any bsafe spot anywhere so be it substance for refuge from hell I do not care any small or slight change in this that I feel will be an improvment over how terrified I feel,, blacksun you have the right to stand up and even tell me " now this addicts talking shit, why dont you shut up until you can at least offer up some evidence to your claim,. this is simple the extendeded abuse, those deep capeing wounds safely hidden inside, no evidence of proof or ugly scar that tells a story positioned convienently on your front side so that the world can "believe or validate you as a person"
these scars that cannot be seen or proven so an excon can scam SSI or any real hurt injured person with a similiar problem with life.
Mr. Black Sun my friend I do not know you as a person, I know that your a beautiful artist and have given a large portion of your life to public service and I can also tell you this "I LOVE YOU BLACK SUN, THE PERSON" your a human and your here in this forum giving tons of useful help, about art about life, your merit for a life full of study I am not questioning not so much as a shread, you are a man with wisdom as well my elder a person who will teach me in this life in many ways accoss many miles. listen to me, you DO have a tittle and it dose command reaspect,,, all I am trying to show you is that it is never that cut and dried, we are complicated and life is even more so. I'm 41 years old a man who comes off as a complete whack, I've struggled with substance abuse for most of the years of my life, but I am not a criminal I would not steal to get high, yes I've broke laws in my past being stupid as a human, but I have my felony brand of punishment to prove I am with the bottom feeders not allowed to move forward, I cannot even get a job with the WAR!! how bad is that, at 26 years in my life(twice no three times the dissaster) drunk "nearly" in a black out, after a longday working for my employer(who was also my famus dad) that "real" artist the entire community always loved, I suppose I found myself just believing everything programed into my I mean his human head computer,, I am nothing, a waste of space, I am the ugly unwanted child worth absolutely nothing on the contarary this huge unwanted expence,, not worthy of even oxygen if he had a way to divi it to me you bet he sure would have. a child should not have to bare wittness year after year to brutal rape of his mother by his tormenter father, his abuser for an eternity of hell, why? I'll never know, I over the years have been somewhat of a sportman also, firearm collection, all the gear and expected to be that next guy droppin thgat big elk,, Blacksun the only thing in my life Ive ever put a bullet into was when at 26 into my mouth and blam what a mess, small calibor but little hole in the tip, part of it is still with me today. Im 41 years old, do not have any friends, I live on my mountain in this shack I built I call a house, have no children, PTSD, anxiety, all those nifty little things that the doctors just seem to all look through considering its at best substandard care, Ive never wanted anything from any doctor in my life, but when these panic attacks came from out of knowhere didnt even know what the hell they were, oh dear god my heart attack has come, guess its my time, no not just yet, but doctor can you help me in any small way, with this clinical depression, this anxiety which keeps me living as a hermit, I cant get through to the otherside of the goddamm job interview, how am I supposed to do the job I can? the man looks at me I break into a sweat, its winter outside, how shall I explain this one? he looks at my 20 year old felony for a bag of mariuanna which was to be a misstaeameabnor in actually, but this criminal mind would not play ball, actually the words used were " So bret, your 4 years into college, from a nice healthy family, would you like to work off your beef???? or the alternative will be simple , it has nothing to really do with the trouble at hand but about my ego and this power the sherriff god gave to me to use as I see fit, I didnt like you bret in school, you seemed weird and quiet, then you turned into this psycho who shot yourself in the head, and now you step into this jaw trap, oh my what is in this little baggie, oooooo how nasty, you smoke this wacky and with your track record in life bret, I just hate to tell you this really is a tough one for me to call,, ha, just kidding, play my snitch for a quick and you can continue your plan for social work for a career, im da bosss here now , whats it gonna be now,? dont be a fool bret its only marijane, bill clinton didnt inhale but he still got the chair a house, do it my way and show me your willing to play ball or Im gonna show you just how fast my divine like cleaner hand with just a snap of my finger destroy what you got left. fuck you big man sherriff give me my felony , lets do it, get on to it, and boy the sheriff man was not joking,,, look at me blacksun, what would an outsider make of? I've got all them unsavory labels, these are my identity tags, its what they all have handed on to me, but wait!! I've never hurt people, sorry I smoked pot, I'd tell you some more public officials but you might not believe , and that is only if I somehow could get past the shame that has taken 41 years to understand ot is and never was my fault, I didnot commit a crime when I fell from the woom into my cage, I'm not an excon, but yes I've done life sentance already, one I'd so gladly traded in for life in san quinten, or any hellish state fascility in this country.
can you tell me Black Sun in some other way will this burning pain inside me ever go away, will I ever wake in a morning and NOT at some small degree have this very bad feeling in my mind is it really worth it all of this shit, would it be easier to do it right this time use that 45 cal and be sure it is done, so I can be layed down with this label, oh look, there the psycho, be a little careful yah just cannot really tell.
Yah know what I do know Black Sun? sometimes watching Bill Moyers I begin to cry, I'd probably starve to death if I had to shoot one of these deer that come into my yard. I dont like loud music or chaos whatso ever, I'm easily confused, I cannot argue my point even if I was armed to the teeth with all in my favor, I have a very hard time telling a lye, I cannot bullshit my way through an interview, the only dishonestty in my life are the few times now and then when I repeat my biggest mpost stupid mistake and fall onto a day or two long solo stretch of drug behavoir,, why dose it ever happen? I have an addiction a for the most part keep ahead as the winner between it and I, but from time to time I fall flat on my face, yes it is shameful, of course it sets me back, I loath it, the first day I took it into my already f____ed up life, I've had not so much as a shread of any type of drug rehabilitation, but a few college couses on my own, while I spent the 5 years bobbling around with somebooks ,, just to pass a little time,, I have a year of pre law, never as a thought to a career but actually more to protect myself in the future(like its not already too late, Im law abiding for christsake)
but I guess its piece of mind, havent so much bumped into a law officer for nearly 20 years now, untill this day that is Black Sun.
I'm sorry for the crualty it anything a may have said, what is it I am? just a burned out exjunkie who still cries when that damm little ren flies back over to momma robins nest while she is out and pokes holes in her eggs, you little mudering shit head Ren, what is it with you, go sabatage your own nest or kill one of your own babies. sorry for attacking U black S its just that somebody had to step up to represent this in the gutter group and say it like it is, I know I'm not right in all my harsh opinion, but I do know that Im human and have the same right to breath in and out, as any other artists in this group, when I die, my collection of art will still be a clump of clay punked down on my box and probablyy buried right there with me. but i am an artist, who cares what pop said hes a rapo,, need more be said? write to me sometime black sun, I'd like that, dont have many police friends in my life. my grandpa was a retired police chief in a small subburb of my city, he died when I was 5 so I never got to really know the person, just that he was not like my dad his son, cannot explain that one, take care
hey Joe I know your reading this, so heres a little snipit for just for you-piss off dude :~)
Old 06-25-2007, 02:47 PM
Level 3 user

Re; Sculptor?
now there is a plan I will drink to,,,,,

and as far as beautiful women or very nice legs,, with yah again here,

I'm not really all that picky, any attractive women with nice legs I could lure up here in someway, be god or even satin so long as she didnt burn me alive, come on now sweetie keep them there flames to yourself, you wont be so mad in the morning I promise, I'll be outside sleeping in a tree now honey :~) so just chill a bit and cool off, (thought to myself-- dam my little psycho bit dose not really work with this women here, she just dose not take a bluff,,, maybe this one will last, perhaps ill buy a shinny tin suit.

sculptor what do you think, can you advise? youve given the best adice Ive had for a year in just a short little note not even for just me, just good words about god in general huh? always gets a folks a tawken naa dontit??
that and nice legs,
Old 06-25-2007, 03:10 PM
Level 10 user

It's too bad you tried to kill yourself, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. It's also too bad your mother was the victim of marital rape. (I presume this to be the case anyway).

I think it's interesting that the more your post directed at Blacksun developed, the less hostile it became. Perhaps at some level you agree with him. I believe that beneath it all, every Alcoholic and Drug Addict has one thing in common. None of them wants to be addicted. 1 in 8 people will be affected by a substance abuse issue in the course of their lifetime and men are twice as likely to experience a drug related problem as women are. Conversely, women are twice as likely to experience some sort of mental health crisis.

You might find this difficult to fathom living in your cabin on your mountain, but a lot of people would give anything to be in your shoes. Sometimes we think that our life has been a miserable failure, either from our own doing or forces beyond our control and this is natural to some extent, although harmful to continually wallow in. The fact is however that our success is reliant on only two things and the first of those is a freebie. The fact that we are alive and here is the first and foremost success and the second is that we can share it, good and bad together.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:56 AM
Level 3 user

Stevenw,
thank you for this and it dose help, I do have bad to share and the very word share gives me a sick feeling to use it, most dont want to touch it or get anywhere even close to it, and its ok because I dont want to make anyone feel in anyway that they should or need to. Its a mess and I amaze myself sometimes with just how much more of a mess I can make it.
I have a real real problem with my mouth and to some of the places it takes me. 14 years is how long it took me to be able to "begin" to come up with an answer, to a question that haunted/ and in ways will continue to,. why? 14 years without knowing, its confusing, but more shameful.
I dont feel that this world owes me a thing, I dont blame it for what happened any of what happened, I just dont know what to do with it.
so far I have done all the wrong things withit, its paralizing.
I dont hate, just am exhausted from the array, the vast range of it and sheer size of the process it happens every day. I would like it to stop somewhere, would like to feel the same and stay there is some way. not going to happen.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:58 PM
Level 10 user

Bret:

I will try to offer an approach that you may try or reject at your discretion:

Background: Everyone has a higher self, an individualized piece of God-identity, just like a drop of water pulled out from the ocean contains the essence of the ocean but is just one small drop of it. You have a permanent aspect of God-identity, un-effected by the human experience, called the " I AM Presence " . You also have a prefected aspect called the " Christ Self " or " Higher Mental Body " or " Buddhic Self " that mediates between your I Am Presence and your human soul. Jesus was called " The Christ " because in his outer life he fully merged with and became his Christ Self, which is the goal of life by which he showed the way, saying " these things and greater shall ye do..." . The Christ Self , unlike the I Am Presence, sees your human condition and is the " still, small voice " or conscience that tries to direct you in the best and most helpful way.

So.... If you can try like you've never tried anything before to meditate deeply, shutting out the outer distractions, the inner distractions of the rambling mind and its narrative of the past...perhaps by focusing on one thing like the most beuatiful music you have ever heard, visualizing a source of light like the sun, or repeating the phrase in your mind " Show me the way, Lord, show me the way.." or some mantra of choice....focusing on that intensely to the exclusion of all other things.... eventually, you will reach a connection with your higher self...with the rareified air of God consciousness. This is a realm of bliss, of Love, Wisdom, and Power where the narrative of your human experience is nowhere to be found. You will come to realize that you can let go of these things which no longer have a hold or appeal to you. Your life is a blank page on which you can chose to write the narrative of what you really would like to become. Since there is nothing to be gained from the wallowing in of revolving of past misery, and you instead can see the radiant perfection of that which is your source and true identity, you can walk out of the past identity and chose to embody the new one which is not so much new as it is a return to origins, to the pattern of the soul which strives to mirror and eventually become that which the Christ Self is.

When you return from the exalted state of meditating upon your higher self, there is still remaining the mess to clean up in the human realm. However, the difference is that you have become detached from the tyranny of the human mind long enough to realize that there is a higher way that can control rather than become controlled by that human mind and its thousands of reasons to compell you to failure. You can choose instead to follow the way of the higher self which has always been trying to guide and direct you. But of course negative emotions, noise, drugs, alcohol, processed foods and sugar that weaken your body, and 1000 other things try to pull your attention away from attunement with the Higher Self. So it takes effort and will to maintain that attunement. Don't worry about mistakes, slip-ups, etc. Don't get caught up in blame and revolving of past hurts. Release those with forgiveness and love, and let your focus be on winning a victory a little step at a time each day.

Eventually, your past will not be a burden but an intense series of lessons that have been learned at great cost but allow you to use that knowledge to help others set themselves free, be it through art, talking, or whatever. When you focus on helping others, there is no longer any time to indulge in ones own problems, seeing that there is a world of need out there.

Good Fortune.

GlennT
Old 06-26-2007, 03:38 PM
Level 8 user

Dam!!, life's hard - the cure - sculpt, sculpt, sculpt, look to nature and beauty, try to love. Although there may be some trash spued here and there, there are also bird's singing heavens song while butterflies dance about. For me i pick up the trash then I throw it away, and I thank God for his display. Stay clean, and sculpt, sculpt, sculpt.
all the best,
Mark