Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Sculpture Roundtable Discussions > Welcome Center
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 02:14 PM
Level 3 user

Hi from Canada

Hi everyone, i should have done this sooner. I am a beginner sculpting in clay. My interest is natural clay but have used polymer clay as well. Have also done some work in wood. Hope to learn and share here.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:36 PM

Re: Hi from Canada

Hi bsilverman. Where in Canada? It's a big country, after all. My ancestors were from Quebec, though I suspect that you are not.
Clay is a wonderful medium because it is so flexible and versatile. If you have a website or blog with images of your work, feel free to post the link.
JAZ
Old 09-18-2012, 10:05 PM
Level 3 user

Hi there, Jaz. Thanks for the welcome!

I'm from BC and live in abbotsford. My grandmother was from quebec but i have never been there.

Yes i really like clay and hope to learn enough soon to produce some things. My first clay sculpture is a little larger than it should have been for a first work, but on the other hand i am learning a few things the hard way and that may help me in the future.

I have posted a few pics on my web site at morebiggerbetter.com/sculpt
and will use the site to log my learning experience. Not sure how i want it set up so just started it without too much thought.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:15 PM
Level 8 user

Welcome from the Great White North (aka McBride, BC). I carve Western Red Cedar but without a photo storage site, I can post no pix. Fairly cretinous software, methinks.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Level 3 user

Hello, Mcbride, driven past there many a times. I do a lot of work in cedar but not artist. I've been putting cedar shakes on houses here for the past few months. It must be a nice medium to carve, with that great smell and all.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:22 PM

Ursula von Rydingsvard is someone famous for using cedar for sculpture, partly to include the sense of smell: http://www.ursulavonrydingsvard.net
Regarding the images, the memory size would be astronomical if the over 13,000 members could post lots of images, yet there is no membership fee for this site to pay for that. My understanding is that ISC members only can post images directly and as you probably know that is a fair benefit for the cost of membership. However, you can get around that by posting to Photobucket or a similar site, then including the link in your post. We all are interested in seeing your work one way or another. Feel free to post your sculpture website address too. Many people here include it in their signature.
JAZ
Old 09-19-2012, 10:48 PM
Level 3 user

Hi Jaz,

I get that it would be very difficult to allow everyone to post photo's since they probably all would. Posting links to ones web site makes perfect sense to me. I have gone to a few of the members sites and find most of them overdone which i think takes away from the art. But i guess thats not a debate anyone wants to get into, lol.