Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Community Announcements > Sculpture News and Events
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2006, 09:23 AM
Level 10 user

Butterfield at Hunter

Hey now,Friday the 13th,bad weather,clock ticking,but over thw mountain I went and what a joy it was.I was anticipating Debrah Butterfields slide show,but she was loosing her voice,so She improvised a gallery talk instead.Her work was amazing,and the scale was much larger then I thought.Her new cast bronze horse,which is about 2200lbs,was standind pround.The petina on the work is amazing,it is almost hard to belive they are not wood.I had the pleasure of meeting her,it seemed like an hour,but was more like a minute.She is a warm,funny,very positive energy kind of artist.If she has attitude,she left it in Montana.This was my first show at the Hunter,which had a great crowd,I am not the only fan.I ran into Richard Jolly,glass srtist from Knocksville,and the director from the Creative Arts Guild in GA,was nice to know somebody sence I was brat packing by myself,this hermit does not get out much at night.I purchased her book,got back over the montain by 9 pm,and was so fired up I worked until 4 am that night,which was a great way to finish off a 21 hour day.I guess I need to get out more often,I am still riding high over her show....IA

Last edited by iron ant : 01-15-2006 at 09:26 AM. Reason: sp