Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Community Announcements > Sculpture News and Events
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2005, 08:08 PM
Level 1 user

When do we get info about the 2006 conference?

I was looking forward to the 2005 Crossroads Cincinnati conference, then it was cancelled. I keep looking for information about the 2006 conference in Sculpture Magazine and the ISC web site but still no news. Does anybody know anything about this?
Old 12-12-2005, 08:11 AM
Level 10 user

Re: When do we get info about the 2006 conference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foundry builder
I was looking forward to the 2005 Crossroads Cincinnati conference, then it was cancelled. I keep looking for information about the 2006 conference in Sculpture Magazine and the ISC web site but still no news. Does anybody know anything about this?
I checked the ISC website on the day you posted this, and the news information you wanted is up there. Have you found it by now?

Anyway, for your convenience, I cut and paste it here.

Crossroads Cincinnati 2006 ~June 21-24, 2006

Please join an international roster of artists, art professionals and art lovers in the culturally-rich city of Cincinnati for three days of dialogue, networking and opportunities. Crossroads Cincinnati 2006 sets our focus on contemporary issues in sculpture on the heels of Sculpture Magazine's 25th Anniversary and the International Sculpture Center's 45th Anniversary. 2006 is the year!

For information on Conferences and Symposiums, please contact Anthony Meyers at events@sculpture.org or 609.689.1051 ext. 308.

Last edited by Merlion : 12-14-2005 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:50 PM
Level 1 user

Thanks Merlin:

I have been clicking on that notice for the past few months. If that is all the information they plan to give us, it is not going to be much of a conference.

I wrote this to Mr. Meyers: I would like to receive some detailed information about speakers, events and costs etc. at the 2006 Sculpture Conference.
I keep going to the ISC web site and clicking on the "Crossroads Cincinnati 2006 " notice but no further information is available.

Yours

John W. Evans
Old 12-18-2005, 05:53 AM
ISC Member

John, they usually don't give us specifics until the spring. It's always been a problem for me, because I need quite a bit of lead time to figure out if I can afford to go. Let us know if you get any details sooner!
Old 12-20-2005, 01:08 PM
Level 1 user

Dear All,

This is Anthony Meyers, Conferences & Events Planner at ISC. As you've seen in another reply, the dates of Crossroads Cincinnati 2006 are June 21-24, 2006. The conference will be taking place at the Cintas Center, on the grounds of Xavier University in Cincinnati.

We are working diligently in confirming details on speakers and panel discussion topics, as well as special events. I will tell you that what we are lining up an exciting program and I hope that those of you who have been waiting for information will be attending.

Finally, we will be designating the Vernon Manor Hotel as the host hotel.

Information will be posted on the website sometime in January/February.

All the best to you, and if you have further questions, please feel free to contact me directly at anthony@sculpture.org.

See you in Cincinnati!