Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Art Lounge and Gallery > Happenings and featured members
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2005, 10:15 AM
Level 10 user

slippin slidin wormin & weaslin

Well thats what ants do?This one is on the move again.After a great studio tour for five people from the Booth Musuem,they have offered me a show in April next year.I am also leaving for Leland Michigan tonite to have my opening at Becky Thatcher's Next Door Gallery Saturday night.When I return I will get my model for the GSU commision ready to present.If the model is accepted I will have about a year to pull it off.If everything falls into place I could be booked for the next 1.5 years,thats the way I like it.The trick here is to wind up making some money with all this art I am producing,that would be sweet because my wish list is long.Power hammer,bigger anvil,overhang outside my shop for foundry and coal forge,more clamps and vises,more lights,more material,more abrasives,and I could keep going butt I won't bore ya.The owner of Newartsweb.com came down from Nashville to take pictures and get disc,he is building my website,basic at first,to help catch me up to societys portfolio of life.Time to go dig............. ..Eric
Old 07-20-2005, 12:07 PM
ISC Member

Re: slippin slidin wormin & weaslin

Good show... and hope you have a good show

"Important artists are innovators whose work changes the practices of their successors; important works of art are those that embody these innovations."
Galenson, David W. Old Masters and young geniuses, Princeton University Press, 2006
Old 07-21-2005, 09:13 AM
Level 10 user

Glad to hear of your upcoming commission, show offer, and general state of busyness. Your work is definitely some of the more interesting and original of non-objective art I have seen and I think that must have something to do with it. When so many sculptors rehash other's ideas, being as original as possible is the best way to succeed I'm thinking. Hope you are able to get that wish list shortened somewhat, soon.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:38 AM
ISC Member

Congrats, Eric. Be sure to keep us up-to-date on your progress!
Old 07-25-2005, 10:23 PM

Nice going, Eric. Well deserved and hopefully a continuing trajectory!
JAZ
Old 07-26-2005, 09:35 AM
Level 10 user

Jason,When I was studying in Cortona Italy in 85,Jack Keho,the director of the trip,told the group of artist lifes experiences will come out in your art work one day,it might be tommorow of ten years,different for everybody.Well,I believe he was right in my case.My Earth ,moon,sun series I have done for years comes from spending my early childhood in the mountains of Maine and NH during the summer.My horse series came from growing up around and living on a horse farm for ten years.My "southwesten" flavered sculpture comes from my influences in showing out West.My art furniture comes from,well I have not figured that one out yet,probally more to do with working with stainless and light and form as a whole together.I think this has helped me be original,although I have to admit I was so impressed when I saw my first Butterfield it helped me whant to make large scale horses.

The rest is hardcore busting Azz chasing the art game of life.Example,I could not leave upper Mchigan until 10 am Sunday because of storms ,so what did I do.I drove 100 miles out of the way to go to the FREDRICK MEIJER GARDENS AND SCULPTURE PARK,spent two hours in brutal heat there,then off I went.We went over the mountain at 3am and I arrive home at 3:45 am monday morning,950 miles in one day.All that hoping to make conections and sales,but no gaurentee I wont loose that azz I am busting.just another day at the office.

Thanks for the support folks,it helps to know there are other sculptors that are as motivated,dedicated,and appreciated of are way of life as I am.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:27 PM
Level 10 user

Good going iron!! I like the part about lifes experiences, your teacher was so right, I can relate totally...longing to be a stargazer again