Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Community Announcements > Sculpture News and Events
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2009, 11:25 AM
Level 1 user

Lightbulb 3D Metal Printing Directly from CAD files- No Molds or Casting Required

Hi Everyone-

I'm new to this community. I am a traditional sculptor myself working in clay. I also represent my company, Metaltec Innovations/ProMetal. We have the exclusive rights to print 3D metal objects directly from CAD files. Its the same basic technology developed by MIT that Z Corp has been using to print in plastics, but we do it in metal. Our process is great for custom work or limited runs. We have printed sculptures that were created in 3D programs as well as from scans of originals. Its really amazing what we can do here. Please visit our website, www.prometal.com to learn more about our process and to view images of some of our prints. You can also check out Metaltec Innovations' page on facebook. I'm really excited about what we do here and would love to hear what you think!

-Jenna Gragg
Old 03-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Level 6 user

Re: 3D Metal Printing Directly from CAD files- No Molds or Casting Required

mostly i do not like computer generated art, but this is no cnc plasma cut pieces that can be done by a human hand these are math models that would be very hard probably impossible to be done by hand. This can be compared to digital photography i guess. I love the design. The greatest beauty i see mimics nature and there are no square angles in these!

Z