Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Art Lounge and Gallery > Happenings and featured members
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Level 10 user

Hey guys, I know I haven't posted much recently (I've been busy with the commercial side of sculpting), but this coming weekend, I'll be part of a two day art show in Beverly Hills. This will be my sixth year being juried into this show. If any of you Souther California sculptors want to come out and say hi, I'll be at booth #259. I'll be doing a little on site sculpting as well (nothing fancy, just a little portrait to pass the time). Here a link with all the info you need: Click Here

Cheers!! Hope to see you out there.

Alfred

Oh yeah, here are a couple links so you can see my work.

Fine art stuff here

Commercial Sculpts here

Last edited by obseq : 10-11-2010 at 06:00 PM. Reason: merging
Old 10-12-2010, 07:44 AM

Re: Beverly Hills Affaire in the Gardens

Great to see you posting again, Alfred!

Have you participated in this Beverly Hills gig before?
I'm in LA fairly often; next time I'm in town, I'll look you up.

(Also, congratulations on the Young Sculptor Competition!)
Old 10-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Level 10 user

Yes, this is my sixth year there, and Thanks. The show is held twice a year (May and October). I usually just do the May show, but because of preparations for the NSS competition, I had to pass on this year's May show. I submitted to the October show and got in.

I'm glad to be posting as well. It's tough when you live in two worlds. The commercial sculpting has been extremely rewarding and my skills have improved because of it. But I always have the itch to do my personal "fine art" type stuff. I've managed to work a piece in, here and there, so that keeps the urges under control. Right now, I'm just following whatever my creativity is pulling me towards the strongest.

Give me call when you're in the area.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:29 AM
Level 10 user

One more day til the show. All the preparations are done. Just need to get everything packed into the rental van later today, and I'll be set. Today is also my Wife's Birthday. I wish I had more time to do something special, but that will have to wait until next weekend.

Hope to see some of you out there.

Cheers!!
Old 10-17-2010, 12:19 AM
Level 10 user

Hey guys, it's the end of day one and I've placed Third in Sculpture. This is the second time I've won an award at the show. I also started a small bust of an Indian (dot, not feather) shaman. It's based on a really cool photo I found. I hope to finish it tomorrow. It certainly got a lot of people in the booth, so it looks like it was a good idea... and hey, Even if I don't sell anything, at least I didn't just sit on my but for two days.

Cheers!!

If you come to show on Sunday, stop by and say Hi.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:10 AM
ISC Member

Wow. Congratulations!!
Old 10-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Level 10 user

Congratulations! And that was a good idea to bring work to do at a show, both for your own use of time and for the interest of passers-by who see end-results as if created by magic without necessarily understanding the work that goes into it.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:24 AM
Level 10 user

That's exactly how people felt as they watched me work on the piece. In fact, we heard (many times) people saying "Wow, he's actually making it." - As if all the other work wasn't "made" by me.