Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Sculpture Roundtable Discussions > Community Help Center
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2008, 03:35 AM
ISC Professional Member

Uploading Photos

This sounds stupid but I can't upload any more photos into my portfolio here and I would like to include the Fragments. I have been trying for awhile and have been completely unsuccessful. There is space available and the files are only 88 kb. I am following the procedure carefully but to no avail. This is the warning that I get....

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/artguy3d/public_html/gallery/uploads/1909/applep40_02.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/artguy3d/public_html/gallery/image-inc.php on line 49

Any thought or suggestions
Thanks Blake
Old 09-23-2008, 08:33 AM
Level 10 user

Re: Uploading Photos

Sounds like a server setting is off, rather than anything related to your method Blake, Russ would have to check it.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:48 PM
ISC Member

Blake,
I've been having this problem for months. If you look at the calendar, it looks like only one photo got uploaded this month by anyone on the site's galleries. (obviously putting images into postings is still fine) I've asked but never found out and was actually going to email you and find out how you got your current images up! LOL. btw, do you have some sort of elite membership level to get so much space to upload images? I am told I only have 2k of storage space available to me which won't cut it for any image.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Level 10 user

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobClyatt View Post
Blake,
I've been having this problem for months. If you look at the calendar, it looks like only one photo got uploaded this month by anyone on the site's galleries. (obviously putting images into postings is still fine) I've asked but never found out and was actually going to email you and find out how you got your current images up! LOL. btw, do you have some sort of elite membership level to get so much space to upload images? I am told I only have 2k of storage space available to me which won't cut it for any image.
Blake is a PAYING member, as a paying member he gets that storage space, everyone else does not- the 2k limit is probably the lowest it can be set in the software to prevent non-members from uploading, 2k means you don't have permission to upload because you didn't pay for the space.

http://sculpture.org/documents/mem.shtml

Beginning in June 2007, the International Sculpture Center will offer enhanced benefits for all ISC members, as well as four new membership categories. For a slight increase in price, your membership will get you an even deeper discount on Sculpture magazine and access to more resources than ever before!

About ISC Membership News & Events Sculpture Magazine Sculpture Community Sculptor's Portfolio Artwork for Sale Destinations Resources Store FAQ Home Make a Contribution Join Email List

Beginning in June 2007, the International Sculpture Center will offer enhanced benefits for all ISC members, as well as four new membership categories. For a slight increase in price, your membership will get you an even deeper discount on Sculpture magazine and access to more resources than ever before!
For a larger/printable version of the Membership Benefits Chart, click here.

As an ISC member, you will have access to the same great resources as before, plus:
  • Deeper discounts on art periodicals tools, supplies, and other services: Members receive discount rates on ISC's publications and national magazines including ARTnews, Artforum and many others. Discounts are offered through ISC vendor members, which include foundries, art transportation related services, stone and metal suppliers, sculpting tools suppliers, and others.

• NEW Directories: The ISC will offer several new on-line sculpture directories for galleries and museums, sculpture parks and gardens, and artists' equipments, tools, and suppliesó everything you need to know about sculpture in one convenient place.

• NEW Reduced rates on advertising placement in Sculpture: Several issues of Sculpture will include sections devoted to advertising from ISC members. Advertising rates in these sections will be offered to all members at a discount.

• Coming SoonóWeb advertising: Advertising space will also be available on the ISC's award-winning website. Advertising rates will be offered to all members at a discount.
The following are descriptions of our membership levels. ISC membership is open to anyone with an interest in the field of sculpture. There are membership levels for everyone from students to working artists, educators to collectors. Anyone passionate about contemporary sculpture can join the ISC. ISC Member Categories and Corresponding Benefits
Basic Member $100 US/Canada/Mexico; $120 International. Join Now
  • One year subscription (10 issues) to Sculpture.
  • One year subscription (10 issues) to Insider, the ISC's members-only newsletter.
  • Listing on Portfolio within the ISC's website: 2 images, 2 pages text, 1 link.
  • Access to password-protected areas of www.sculpture.org, the ISC's website which received the BBC award for Outstanding Educational Website and averages over 100,000 hits a day.
  • Reduced registration fees for ISC conferences and workshops.
  • Discounts on supplies and services from ISC vendor members.
  • Awards, solo exhibitions, and other notable news eligible to be published in On Record.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:23 PM
ISC Member

Thx, Landseer,
I am also a paying member of ISC-- a basic member at $100 a year. But nothing on the dot chart seems to say that membership at any level gets you portfolio access to sculpture.net -- it mentions the 2 or 6 images in the sculpture.org portfolio, which is different, and it mentions getting a single image of your artwork 'on the ISC website's homepage' which doesn't sound like a match either for uploading all these images in the gallery.

Do you work with ISC? Maybe we can get someone there to clearly explain this matter to us?

Blake, or anyone else whose work is in the galleries -- do you happen to know your ISC membership levels?

thx!
Bob

Last edited by BobClyatt : 09-23-2008 at 10:11 PM. Reason: took a closer look at the dot chart...
Old 09-23-2008, 11:26 PM
Level 10 user

Re: supplying classical styles of brand name shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakersupplier View Post
good site: Air Jordan Shoes- Cheap Junk Made in CHINA by slave labor
GO AWAY spammer!
==========

Quote:
Thx, Landseer,
I am also a paying member of ISC-- a basic member at $100 a year. But nothing on the dot chart seems to say that membership at any level gets you portfolio access to sculpture.net -- it mentions the 2 or 6 images in the sculpture.org portfolio, which is different, and it mentions getting a single

Do you work with ISC? Maybe we can get someone there to clearly explain this matter to us?
No Bob, I don't but the sites are connected, they link to one another and sculpture.org has a link to the sculpture community boards which comes here from there, I don't know how it's all set up, but I DO know this issue of the gallery and the 2k space has been repeatedly brought up, it all boils down to payment of some kind of fee to someone for the space/access, but why bother putting photos there when you can post photos HERE in the posts in any size by linking to them on a free photo host like photobucket.com

Black is an ISC professional member, I believe that has the highest level and annual cost;

Professional $350 US/Canada/Mexico; $370 International
Old 09-24-2008, 02:25 AM
ISC Professional Member

Dear Bob and Landseer
I do support the ISC as I think I should, a matter of priorities for me, but I thought that gave me space on the portfolio on the ISC site, which is unrelated to the photo portfolios here on the forum. I thought that the forum space was allotted according to the time you were participating on this site. I had come to this conclusion (evidently incorrectly) as I had previously used up all of my memory space with the 45 photos that were posted and now I have been given more space over the last 6 months and I am trying to use some of that newly allotted space with the recent attempted uploads. To no avail.

Bob, I have paid for a professional membership as it is important to me to try to support the ISC. Personally this site has become a very useful resource to me as I am otherwise quite isolated, I was at a terribly low point when I was introduced to this site and found that it saved me in many ways. For that I am very appreciative of not only this forum but also the many wonderful members like your self and landseer, as well as others who I have met through this site and who have helped me out over the last few years. My work is so much the better for my participation here and I would be very sad to see this forum go down. Although I would like to use up some of the space that perhaps I have paid for. Surprisingly I don't use the ISC portfolio only the one here on this forum. I have watched the portfolio here on the forum as I feel it is a measure of what my peers think of my work and which sculpture my fellow artists think well of and also their comments, it has given me a good deal of confidence in the work I am doing. I hope that this helps you as this forum has really helped me.
That reminds me I should renew my membership.
Blake
Old 09-24-2008, 04:02 AM

Hey Blake, I've never really looked at uploading images but did so just now to see, and it failed for me also. I have 4mb of space so it's a server-side fault that I'm sure Russ will get to when he has a chance.

Cheers, Rob
Old 09-25-2008, 09:20 AM
ISC Member

Blake,
Agree on the value of this forum, and in having a community of sculptors to bounce ideas around with. I am blessed to have a live community here in the NY area and would be lost without them. Have even had a chance to spend a couple weeks in a workshop with Alfred out in CA last summer after we'd met here.

I am going to be in Grand Rapids at the ISC conference next week. If Russ is there or I can track him down I will try to talk to him about this and get to the bottom of it.
Bob
Old 11-15-2008, 02:05 PM
ISC Professional Member

Hello
As in my earlier post re uploading photos I still am unable to upload any more photos into my portfolio in the Photo Gallery.
There is space available and the files are only 88 kb.
I am following the procedure carefully but to no avail. This is the warning that I get....
Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/artguy3d/public_html/gallery/uploads/1909/applep40_02.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/artguy3d/public_html/gallery/image-inc.php on line 49

Any thoughts
I have been very patient since my first post on this on 23 Sept.
Thanks Blake
Old 12-21-2008, 03:01 AM
ISC Professional Member

Hello All
Hate to keep coming back to this but I still am unable to upload any more photos into my portfolio in the Photo Gallery.

There is space available
"Disk space remaining for your account: 1,628kb (1666838 bytes)
and the files are only 39 kb.
I am following the procedure carefully but to no avail. This is the warning that I get....
Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/artguy3d/public_html/gallery/uploads/1909/adamm72_01.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/artguy3d/public_html/gallery/image-inc.php on line 49

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phprDsgIr' to '/home/artguy3d/public_html/gallery/uploads/1909/adamm72_01.jpg' in /home/artguy3d/public_html/gallery/image-inc.php on line 49

Unable to move file [/tmp/phprDsgIr] [/home/artguy3d/public_html/gallery/uploads/1909/adamm72_01.jpg]

Any thoughts
Thanks Blake
Old 12-21-2008, 08:22 AM
ISC Member

Hi, Blake.

Looks like a server-side problem. We'll have to wait for Russ to fix that for us. It's not specific to you---without looking into it, I'm guess either the directory he has setup for the files is write-protected, or there's a configuration option that's improperly set.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:08 PM
Level 8 user

Hey this is news to me too. I am too poor to pay but besides the point... I can not even upload to the postings at all. I want to put some stuff on my comments but alas.. it will not do it.. even with small pics.???
Old 01-04-2009, 09:24 AM
ISC Member

Mr. Malloy, see this post for adding pictures to your post if you are not an ISC member:
http://www.sculpture.net/community/s...0&postcount=21