Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Sculpture Roundtable Discussions > Sculpture Community and ISC topics
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2003, 05:13 PM
ISC Member

Promoting these discussion forums

This Discussion Forum section has a lot of potential, but the ISC needs to get the word out to the membership that it exists! I happened upon it when I went to the web site looking for the latest opportunities listings. But you really should be promoting this in Sculpture magazine, and I think a mass e-mailing to the members would also be appropriate.

--Helen
Old 02-26-2003, 11:10 AM
scupture.net

I have forwarded your comments and suggestions to the editor of Sculpture Magazine. This new communications forum has only been up a little over a week now. We would like to see this community become an important resource for networking, education, announcements, fellowship, professional development, inspiration, and more.

I'm asking for everyone's help and support in this endeavor. Please visit the forum and tell your associates, students, friends, to utilize the new Sculpture Community. We need people to post information, comments, jokes or whatever, as we get visitors coming to the site to utilize the power of global networking.
Old 02-28-2003, 04:34 PM
Level 1 user

This is a great idea. We are working very specifically to tie the magazine and website into a more cohesive resource with capabilities that are much greater than the sum of its parts.

As Russ pointed out, this revitalized discussion tool is very new. We will be working it into all kinds of improvements and enhancements to the site. Thank you for being on the crest of the wave! We encourage you to keep checking back as we feel the body of the wave is right behind you!

Eventually this tool will be a big help in making the site a far more interactive tool for the field of sculpture.

Thanks - Georges
Web Administrator
george@sculpture.org
Old 03-03-2003, 12:52 AM
ISC Member

I think it is a kick-ass site and I've told my friends about it. Everytime I come back to it a new person has registered. I think I'll email a few other people about it. I've been on some other forum's, but this one has energy - I like it - go go go
Old 03-05-2003, 11:30 AM
Level 1 user

artguy - I recognize the headdress

A little aside for artguy - I recognize what you have on your head and I'm cracking up. My wife wore the very same thing as part of her costume on Halloween at a family oriented party where we embarassed our daughter as the "Very Odd Parents".

Old 03-19-2003, 12:18 PM
scupture.net

Now if you type in "Sculpture Community" on Google or Yahoo it comes up first in the search.

It's nice to see the search engines pick it up. I did send them a notice to let them know about it, but it is hard to get at the top of the list.

Be sure to keep telling people about it and we plan to have promotion in Sculpture Magazine in the future.
Old 04-24-2003, 01:26 AM

i dont think a mass mailing would be neccessary....

after ~ 2 months there are already about 450 members and increasing daily--thats an impressive number in my opinion....

....so the word *is* getting out somehow

just seems like the number of people that post wont be anywhere near the number of registered members...
Old 12-18-2003, 09:04 PM
Level 2 user

Re: Promoting these discussion forums

I just figured out what and where the ISC is. ( www.sculpture.org )
It seemed to me once I found these forums that at first I didn't bookmark them because I just thought they were another thread in the loose tapestry of the web.

Idea:

If a few helpfull links beyond these forum were on the pages, e.g. ISC. foundries, schools, Micheals, I would of been more likely to ear mark it more quickly. When I plotted in www.sculpture.net into my browser I just cycled back to the forums. Just a thought.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:41 PM
scupture.net

Yes it is becoming more and more common for people to find this forum without going through www.sculpture.org - And when you enter it from the International Sculpture Center website there is nothing that indicates the address is actually www.sculpture.net as it was developed to run seamlessly inside the ISC site as well as full screen. Sometimes that is also a problem because people need to know that they can quickly load the site without the multiple steps of going through the ISC website.

More links will be developed but I am happy that we've had thousands of posts this year alone and new people continue to find out about it.
Old 01-03-2004, 09:07 PM
Level 10 user

I found this community via an MSN websearch "figurative sculpture" in my ongoing SEO efforts for my sites.
You're #8 (after 3 paid inclusions)in this much broader catagory.
You've moved from page 2 to page 1 within the past 2 weeks.

Since finding this community, these forums, I've enjoyed the company of my fellow sculptors and gotten a good answer to a technical question-----yippee

Thank You for the site

Is there anything I can do for you?

rod(sculptor)
Old 01-06-2004, 01:34 AM
scupture.net

I'm glad to hear the MSN websearch finder has included our community under other headings. Mostly we come up at or near the top of search engines if you search for "Sculpture Community".

We still are working to get the word out, so if you know of other sculptors, artists, students, public art programs, etc., that might be interested, please let them know about our little place here on the web.

Thanks for your interest and participation.