Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Art Lounge and Gallery > Happenings and featured members
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2008, 07:31 PM
Level 10 user

sacred ground

History surrounds many of the locations we instal and exhibit are sculpture,some documented others not.I am currently working on a large stainless horses that will be placed on ground that thousands of people most likly meet a bloody death.The sculpture will be perched on top of a ridge in Chattanooga,TN,on missionary ridge.This was the last stronghold before the yanks marched through GA.The TN river played a key part to the madness.It is creepy and cool at the same time,but when the day gets long fabricating,Ican think back to how good we really have it,as I dont have to worry about skinning a yank,and vice versa,at least that war is over,but never forgotten.........IA
Old 02-20-2008, 04:45 AM
Level 10 user

Re: sacred ground

i see the point. sad. i know that . this is far more difficult to do in reality but north african and european battle grounds of the mid to later 20thC ie those battles which horses never trod might add another poignancy being closer in time, internationality and a war of metal. perhaps something for the future. of course there will be plenty of wars ahead of us - most or all of them avoidable for 1st world states as they should be now.