Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Art Lounge and Gallery > Happenings and featured members
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2003, 02:32 AM
ISC Member

news

Hi,
I.m Adri A.C. de Fluiter and the news is: my website (this alive and kicking digibaby) is renewed. As curator I made the ptoject peatpolis.nl. This is also on my website next to other shows I was involved in. Next project: WAVES. Keep in contact if you like to hear more.
Old 10-23-2003, 04:50 AM

Hi Adri,

I tired to find the link you described on your website but could not. Is this project related to "WAVES?"

Look forward to hearing back!
Old 01-31-2004, 10:49 PM
Level 10 user

Re: news

Quote:
Originally Posted by de Fluiter
Hi,
I.m Adri A.C. de Fluiter and the news is: my website (this alive and kicking digibaby) is renewed. As curator I made the ptoject peatpolis.nl. This is also on my website next to other shows I was involved in. Next project: WAVES. Keep in contact if you like to hear more.
TYPOS babies typos
try project peatpolis

just when I was commenting on "what is art"
I find:
PeatPolis: an open-air peat art exhibition in the Netherlands opened on June 4th 2003 by Queen Beatrix

wow--------whodathunkit
rod(sculptor)
Old 02-01-2004, 07:58 PM
Sculptor

Re: news; Uses of peat

The Netherlands has a Peat society! devoted to appreciation of peat!? The best use of peat I have discovered came to me a half-dozen years ago when I discovered the Scottish single-malt whisky Laphroaig. This is made on the Western Isle of Islay, with barley malt, and is advertised as touched with the blue smoke of peat.

[Not a paid testament, but heartfelt!]
Old 02-02-2004, 09:05 AM

Re: news; Uses of peat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritchie
The Netherlands has a Peat society! devoted to appreciation of peat!? The best use of peat I have discovered came to me a half-dozen years ago when I discovered the Scottish single-malt whisky Laphroaig. This is made on the Western Isle of Islay, with barley malt, and is advertised as touched with the blue smoke of peat.

[Not a paid testament, but heartfelt!]
Well Frichie, peat had been a very common housing material and have had various fuel applications for centuries in north and east of europe! Peatlands are part of our culture and are considered today of major scientific and touristic interest. A lot of them are protected areas.