Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Art Lounge and Gallery > Happenings and featured members
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2005, 10:55 AM
ISC Member

Vero Beach Museum Press Release

xV E R O B E A C H
MUSEUM
of ART

Press Release

Release Date: March 28, 2005
Telephone: (772) 589-9275
bobcoon@bellsouth.net

International Sculpture Exhibition Features Work by
Florida Sculptor and Art Educator Robert Coon

“Merida, of Yucatan: City of Sculpture” and the MACAY Cultural Foundation have organized an international exhibition of 50 Mexican and American sculptors opening on April 15, 2005. The 11-month long show features monumental outdoor contemporary sculpture showcased along the famous avenue, Paseo de Montejo. Invited to participate in this year¹s exhibition was Treasure Coast sculptor and art educator Robert Coon and his brightly colored abstract aluminum-fabricated sculpture IPO 001 (from the Containment Series). The sculpture was recently on display at Sculpture Key West before heading off to Mexico. “I am honored to have my sculpture included in this international exhibition,” said Coon. You can visit the sculptor’s web site at
www.robertcoonsculptor.com.

Coon is the Foundry Master and Sculpture instructor for the Vero Beach Museum of Art. He earned his Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in drawing and painting from the University of Georgia and his Master of Fine Arts Degree in sculpture and printmaking from the University of Massachusetts. His work has been included in numerous one person, and group shows, both juried and invitational since the 60s. He has won many awards in nationally and regionally recognized exhibitions and has exhibited throughout the United States with an extensive number of pieces in public, private and corporate collections throughout the country He has taught as a professor of sculpture in several institutions of higher learning, including Ohio University, The Western College, Wilson College and Albright College. The sculptor holds memberships in the Tristate Sculptors, Philadelphia Sculptors, and the international Sculpture Center.
# # # # #
Public Relations phone (772) 321-0707
3001 Riverside Park Drive fax (772) 321-0938
Vero Beach, FL 32663 web site: www.vbmuseum.org
]
Old 04-03-2005, 03:56 PM
Level 10 user

Re: Vero Beach Museum Press Release

I was confused about where this exhibition was going to take place at first -after all I lost an hour someplace around here last night- but it certainly looks like a cool location for sculpture. Are you planning to visit Merida during the exhibition?
Old 04-04-2005, 12:14 PM

Re: Vero Beach Museum Press Release

Congratulations! Sounds like a good excuse for a visit there. I got the prospectus for that show too, but in the end didn't submit anything. Let us know how it works out for you down the road. It would be wonderful if the piece sold down there.
JAZ