Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Art Lounge and Gallery > Happenings and featured members
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2004, 08:05 AM
Level 10 user

Smile 12th Anual Art Crawl

The 12th Annually Art Crawl

The alternative arts scene here in Houston is hosting the 12th edition on the Art Crawl. The old warehouse district on the near east end of down town has been for twenty plus years the privileged site of Houstonís non-establishment arts scene. My studio/Gallery3/home is a prime example of the phenomenon. Housed in a bay of 5,500 sq.ft. of a twenties produce warehouse, is the place where in sleep, work and showcase the work of five painters, two photographers, a computer graphics designer, and my carvings. If you are near by on the 20th take the free trolley around and visit the other 149 of us. For more information go to artcrawlhouston.org, or gallery3.com,or rderr.com, or call (1) 713 236 8535.

As a run-up to Art Crawl instead of the 3rd Th., Fr., and Sat. activities this month, Thanksgivin' comes on the 3rd Th., this Th.. I'll demonstrate how to bone and stuff a turkey. The lesson is free but rsvp is required. The demonstration will start at 2:30 and last about half an hour. On Friday we will have beer and cheese from 6:00 'til 8:00 and then on Saturday comes The Art Crawl with the demonstration being consumed with whatever is your taste in drink.

Art is provocation ( and good food)
Robert Derr

Last edited by rderr.com : 11-17-2004 at 08:08 AM. Reason: typo