Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Sculpture Roundtable Discussions > Sculpture Community and ISC topics
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2007, 08:43 PM
ISC Member

ISC Subscription Type

I am about to renew my ISC subscription and would appreciate some advice. Is there a reason why I should go up to the professional level versus the basic level?

Another question: Have any of you had commissions / sales from posting artwork on the ISC website?

I have been a member for probably about 15 years, but have yet to post images on the website.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Ari.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:59 PM
ISC Member

Re: ISC Subscription Type

Hi Ari, I pay $95. per year, I don't know if that's pro level or not, I haven't taken advantage of the gallery either. As an old fart (60), I'm not convinced that this web stuff really does any good.
I do like getting the "Insider" edition and I've made some (not a lot) of money because of it.
Have a great day,
Jeff
Old 03-27-2007, 09:05 PM
ISC Member

Thanks Jeff, that is the "regular" level, which is what I have done for all but one of my years.

The web stuff works great, but like any tool, it has to be used properly. Too many people want the web to do things that it can't do yet (maybe because the users are not ready...) I made my website to be an extension of my business card and nothing else. Now I have paired it down with gallery owners as my target audience. How will the get to the web site? I'll have to point them in the direction personally. Any way, sorry for the preaching, but I worked with web stuff for over a decade, so...
But look at us and this great forum. The web has made this possible.

Many thanks.

Ari.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:01 PM
Level 10 user

I've always been a 95 dollar guy. Don't have the tech to post-up images but the Insider has worked for me a few times - got into shows that led to shows that led to shows that led to sales/comissions (plus,I just got one more room to paper with rejections and I'll be done).
Old 03-28-2007, 08:17 PM
ISC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evaldart
(plus,I just got one more room to paper with rejections and I'll be done).
LOL - Very funny, I still have a grin thinking about all that wallpapering... :-D

Thanks.

Ari.

(And I still have that silly grin)
Old 04-02-2007, 12:42 PM
Level 2 user

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahirschman
I am about to renew my ISC subscription and would appreciate some advice. Is there a reason why I should go up to the professional level versus the basic level?

Another question: Have any of you had commissions / sales from posting artwork on the ISC website?

I have been a member for probably about 15 years, but have yet to post images on the website.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Ari.
Hey Ari!

I'm a Membership Associate here at the ISC, so maybe I can help answer your question. As a professional level member, you'd get an additional 4 photos on your portfolio site AND you'd be eligible to have one of your photos on the homepage (in the top right corner of the screen when you go to sculpture.org). The image rotates, so a different picture comes up each time you load the page, but there aren't very many in rotation so yours would come up frequently.

I personally think it's a good deal, since the website is award-winning and receives around 100,000 hits each day.

In addition, we're now sending each new professional member a copy of the ISC's book, A Sculpture Reader. Plus, your name will appear in a list of professional members that is published in each edition of Sculpture magazine. And soon, we'll be redoing the Portfolio site so that professional members' names are highlighted.

If anyone here has questions about membership, feel free to send me a message and I'll try to help.