Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Art Lounge and Gallery > Happenings and featured members
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2016, 10:40 AM
Level 6 user

A Late Summer Visit to Carrara

It's a long time since I have logged in, and it's good to see so many older and newer contributors.
On one of my recent visits to work in Carrara, I spent some quiet evenings, with a nice bottle of vino rosso, writing the attached essay, if you are interested. It's sub-titled 'A Late Summer Visit to Carrara'.
http://www.cantab.net/users/sambell/
Old 02-15-2016, 02:10 PM
Level 10 user

Re: A Late Summer Visit to Carrara

I will definitely check it out. I have been to Cararra once. My wife tossed me out because I was to busy carving Veemont marble.. So I took a woman student with me. Stayes at Hotel Michelangelo , carved at SKS if memory serves me, and bought $5000 USD of various marble blocks to be shipped to Goshen Ct., the co owner remarked you Americans have a lot of money to which I said, no just credit, it was wonderful... When I got home she took everything Lol, but, she didn't get this story.... Love to visit the quarries one more time before I die, ( not that I have plans ) heady stone abstract commissions at that time... The stream behind my room ran white.... You just don't forget Carrara ever... Or vengeful wives, funghi anyone?