Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Sculpture Roundtable Discussions > Sculpture Community and ISC topics
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2004, 11:23 AM
ISC Member

Insurance

Could anyone recomend an insurance co. that would include general liability, completed products, fire damage, medical expense to others?
Thanks.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:19 PM
Level 10 user

Re: Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbigger
Could anyone recomend an insurance co. that would include general liability, completed products, fire damage, medical expense to others?
Thanks.
Hi michael:

I called my insurance agent, and he went through his book, and came up with a name for you for insuring artwork, artists, etc.------neither of us has had any dealings with:
huntingtontblock.com

I wouldn't even begin to guess how to compare rates for this

hope this helps

rod(sculptor)
Old 05-12-2004, 04:19 PM

I found mine in Australia by looking at a National insurance organisation website, which had art related insurers... I don't know why, but asking around got me nowhere.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:13 PM

I thought I saw something regarding health insurance for artists available through ISC membership??

Does this exsist?
Old 05-22-2004, 04:50 AM
ISC Member

Hi, Michael.

I know you're in the States and this won't apply to you, but I thought I'd post this incase another Canadian searches the postings:
I just found out that Visual Arts Ontario offers studio and art transportation insurance. And here I've been paying The Co-Operators much more premium for much less coverage! Guess who's going to try to weasel out of her existing policy and take advantage of another one

My suggestion is to exhaustively contact all of the artists' societies/groups/etc to which you could have membership, and ask whether they offer the type of insurance you want. VAO was (I kid you not) the only group I didn't contact... and that's only because I gave up after a while and assumed that no Canadian group to which I have access had an insurance policy for their members.

J
Old 02-13-2011, 07:41 PM
Level 1 user

Insurance

Has anyone had any dealings with Chicago Appraisers Association? Their website states that they offer (for pre-set fee) appraisals of artwork for insurance purposes. Thanks.