Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Sculpture Roundtable Discussions > Community Help Center
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2014, 09:42 AM
Level 1 user

Installation services/art handler in Las Vegas

I'm trying to locate an insured art installer in Las Vegas to unload and install a 10 ft. steel sculpture. Any resources or directories where I might locate a company. Google searches are proving worthless. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:53 AM
ISC Member

Re: Installation services/art handler in Las Vegas

I don't know of any professional art installers in Las Vegas but depending on the scope of your project you might consider alternative sources like construction contractors, sign companies or landscape services. These people are typically well equipped, insured and know their way around the local terrain. Landscape companies that handle large trees are typically better at working with more fragile items. A professional art installer may be necessary if your project is particularly fragile or complicated but you will definitely pay a premium for that service.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:23 PM
Level 5 user

I would get in touch with a local University with a good sculpture programme and see if they have anyone who could supervise the install for you. I suspect that dedicated art installers are few and far between but if you have a good project manager then a more general purpose firm should be
able to do the job perfectly well.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:43 AM
Level 10 user

Also,check with a foundry if there is one relatively close. They may have people that can do it.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:07 PM
Level 10 user

My 9 1/2 foot Statue of Saint Paul was moved from the foundry and installed in the Cathedral of Saint Paul, MN by Murphy Rigging and Erecting. They did a flawless job. I would recommend finding some company like this who has been in business a long time, thus likely to have the experience to problem solve and a good reputation.