Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Community Announcements > Polls
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 12-07-2009, 06:58 AM
Nelson Nelson is offline
Level 10 user
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: venezuela
Posts: 836
Re: ORDER OR CHAOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennT View Post
Thanks, but I'll stick with my quaint view of reality which doesn't look down from an imagined height and consider other fellow humans as ants, but rather as spirtual beings having a human experience as they strive to awaken to and realize their full divine potential.
Glenn,

You could not have put it better! Man, my oh mighty ego has been slapped. There`s more chaos within our ears than out there in the cosmos...By the way among the so called social insects: ants, wasps, bees, and termites to mentioned the best known among others, these criters not only do they communicate effectively as it`s been proven, but also desplay a very efficient and specialized organization that grants the species survival. Humans can look very tiny in many respects when compaired to these invertebrates... gee sometimes I wish we were ants or bees
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-07-2009, 07:25 AM
evaldart's Avatar
evaldart evaldart is offline
Level 10 user
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: easthampton, massachusetts
Posts: 5,637
Re: ORDER OR CHAOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennT View Post
Thanks, but I'll stick with my quaint view of reality which doesn't look down from an imagined height and consider other fellow humans as ants, but rather as spirtual beings having a human experience as they strive to awaken to and realize their full divine potential.

Oh, puh-LEEZE. You are only exhibiting outward proclamations of respect for your "fellow man" because your figger it gets you some holy points.
You have so often slipped-up over these years condemning other religions and politics that it quite easy to see that you harbor actual disdain. It would be MORE moral of you to simply casually dismiss all the other "wrong" views (the ones that dont agree with yours) and focus on your own betterment.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-07-2009, 10:58 AM
SPRINGFIELD SPRINGFIELD is offline
Level 10 user
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BURBANK CALIFORNIA
Posts: 731
Re: ORDER OR CHAOS

Thanks everyone for you votes. Any more votes out there on ORDER or CHAOS?
So far

2 undecided

6 ORDER

4 CHAOS
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-07-2009, 11:06 AM
grommet grommet is offline
Level 10 user
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,279
Re: ORDER OR CHAOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGFIELD View Post
Nelson you are so interesting. You have introduced a new factor into this poll.
Which I now have to deal with as best as I can.
The new element is time. Since the universe is always changing relative to time it only seems logical that ORDER and CHAOS will at some time come into ballance.
For the purpose of this poll
!. if you believe that Chaos and Order ballance each other out eventually than you must vote for ORDER. Because in fact ballance is ORDER.

2. If you believe that the ballance between the two ORDER and CHAOS only happen by chance occasionly but trhe rest of the time there is CHAOS. Than you must vote for CHAOS because there is no causual link between the two.
well, since time is irrelevent, and good balances bad in the grand scheme, you'll have to let the survivors of the holocaust know that there is Order in the universe, that their loss and experiences of chaos are balanced by another period in time where there was uncommonn goodness and order experienced by someone else.
__________________
Taking my own advice
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-07-2009, 11:20 AM
SPRINGFIELD SPRINGFIELD is offline
Level 10 user
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BURBANK CALIFORNIA
Posts: 731
Re: ORDER OR CHAOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by grommet View Post
well, since time is irrelevent, and good balances bad in the grand scheme, you'll have to let the survivors of the holocaust know that there is Order in the universe, that their loss and experiences of chaos are balanced by another period in time where there was uncommonn goodness and order experienced by someone else.
Grommet-[just to have some fun] you are being too judgemental. You should approach this with a more open mind. Who is to say that ORDER or CHAOS is evil.
Anyway that's not within the scope of this poll. I would like to get a definitive vote from you since as you say you don't want to be counted as undecided. So far I have made no presumptions as to what your vote might be.

Last edited by SPRINGFIELD : 12-07-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-07-2009, 11:31 AM
GlennT's Avatar
GlennT GlennT is offline
Level 10 user
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 4,213
Re: ORDER OR CHAOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by evaldart View Post
Oh, puh-LEEZE. You are only exhibiting outward proclamations of respect for your "fellow man" because your figger it gets you some holy points.
You have so often slipped-up over these years condemning other religions and politics that it quite easy to see that you harbor actual disdain. It would be MORE moral of you to simply casually dismiss all the other "wrong" views (the ones that dont agree with yours) and focus on your own betterment.
Very cynical of you, Mr. e

Not being involved in some religion game, I am not out to score "holy points".
I am trying to help where I see help is needed, even so far as to work on myself.

Please cite your reference about me condemning ANY religion.

If you are thinking about "Islamic extremists or fanatics", that is a classification of a type of extremist or fanatic, it is not a condemnation of Islam. If Muslims did some needed house cleaning, and perhaps were to extol the positive elements of their faith, including Sufism, things would be a lot better. Like most things, there are good elements and a bad elements. I may condemn pedophile priests, but not the faith of Catholicism.


If I hammer on a specific lack of clear thinking that occurs in the political realm, that is my going after an issue, not people. I do distain bad behavior and those who cause harm to others, and I consider the policies of do-gooder liberals to be among the most harmful in this world, in actual consequence of policies (rather than intentions). I'll admit to being especially harsh on the party that seems hell bent on destroying American values. I do go after poor thinking when demonstrated.

If I do so with a certain characteristic intensity, it is in the hopes of doing something similar to what jOe calls a "noggin' thumpin' ", but I do it with the belief that people have at their core a spiritual potential even if not yet realized, and not from looking down in scorn at my fellow humans as "ants".
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-07-2009, 11:56 AM
GlennT's Avatar
GlennT GlennT is offline
Level 10 user
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 4,213
Re: ORDER OR CHAOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGFIELD View Post
Grommet- So far I have made no presumptions as to what your vote might be.
Were she religious, my guess would be Nun of the Above.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-07-2009, 12:02 PM
jOe~'s Avatar
jOe~ jOe~ is offline
Level 10 user
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Spokane, Wa
Posts: 3,190
Re: ORDER OR CHAOS

Quote:
I do go after poor thinking when demonstrated.
You've been asleep at the wheel man. This "poll" and the way it's handled isn't poor thinking--none exists. But then I wouldn't expect you to catch that. Anyone who "thinks" that there is substance in the Sarah Palin saga hears what they want to hear without listening/understanding/paying attention. It must be a faith thing...way beyond the confines of logic.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-07-2009, 12:29 PM
SPRINGFIELD SPRINGFIELD is offline
Level 10 user
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BURBANK CALIFORNIA
Posts: 731
Re: ORDER OR CHAOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jOe~ View Post
You've been asleep at the wheel man. This "poll" and the way it's handled isn't poor thinking--none exists. But then I wouldn't expect you to catch that. Anyone who "thinks" that there is substance in the Sarah Palin saga hears what they want to hear without listening/understanding/paying attention. It must be a faith thing...way beyond the confines of logic.
The fault is not within the Cosmos but withun ourselves.

As GlennT has said without faith there is no action. There must be a judgement otherwise there is no action based on that judgement.

I suspect [from what you have said] that you don't want to think about the subject or that you don't find it worthy of the effort.
To deem it unworthy without realy thinking about it is unfair in my opinion.
Buy the way logic can lead to faith. That's a different discussion to be done on a different thread.
In this poll Religion is only a side issue.

Would you like me to remove your undecided vote?

There is more to this poll than you might think. I can't offer you any conclusions because as I recal I promised you I would'nt.

Last edited by SPRINGFIELD : 12-07-2009 at 01:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-07-2009, 01:25 PM
jOe~'s Avatar
jOe~ jOe~ is offline
Level 10 user
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Spokane, Wa
Posts: 3,190
Re: ORDER OR CHAOS

Quote:
I suspect [from what you have said] that you don't want to think about the subject or that you don't find it worthy of the effort.
To deem it unworthy without realy thinking about it is unfair in my opinion.
The real problem is that you have no reading comprehension. I'm not being rude here. I'm stating the obvious. You've had my answer and my thoughts since the thread that started this "poll". But you don't understand or recognize either because the answer didn't fit your simplistic yes/no black/ white mentality. The answers that you didn't approve of were put in (your words) the undecided "b.s." category. Does the question "Is the world black or white?" make sense?

Its not that the subject is unworthy. Its the opposite. The best minds in the world have dealing with it and you refuse to hear, read or deal with their findings. They say that asking the question the way your "poll" asks it prevents admitting scientific research and the thinking of the best. StevenW eloquently summarized this in the other thread "www.sculpture.net/community/showthread.php?p=84687#post84687that started this "poll". Again, for the THIRD time, I am not undecided. And I am not for Chaos or Order.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 12-07-2009, 01:29 PM
Nelson Nelson is offline
Level 10 user
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: venezuela
Posts: 836
Re: ORDER OR CHAOS

Springfield,
I think time is relevant and related to order/chaos, because I remember someone tell me after so much time and I still had a big mess in my bedroom By the way folks, forgive me too if at times a show no reading comprehension skills: no comprende either Spring.
Time may not be as irrelevant, as there`s a succesion of events, even if in a circle or a cycle squeme. At some point in that chain of events, it`s been scientifically proven that to every action there is always opposed an equal reaction. So this physical law is consecuent with the law of Karma. The former and the latter simply apply to different forms of energy... this is a too subtle and subjective topic, and definetely beyond understanding for some of us, brainy ants. Truly, lets concentrate on what hàppened and not when it did. Springfield the topic is definitely interesting, but as it`s going, I believe the poll results may be irrelevant, not representative, because the voting number is so small compared to the sample universe. Statistically speaking, we`d had better go count ants in our cave. Hey not making fun of you, we just got too serious and complicated... headache I got

Last edited by Nelson : 12-07-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-07-2009, 01:41 PM
SPRINGFIELD SPRINGFIELD is offline
Level 10 user
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BURBANK CALIFORNIA
Posts: 731
Re: ORDER OR CHAOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jOe~ View Post
The real problem is that you have no reading comprehension. I'm not being rude here. I'm stating the obvious. You've had my answer and my thoughts since the thread that started this "poll". But you don't understand or recognize either because the answer didn't fit your simplistic yes/no black/ white mentality. The answers that you didn't approve of were put in (your words) the undecided "b.s." category. Does the question "Is the world black or white?" make sense?

Its not that the subject is unworthy. Its the opposite. The best minds in the world have dealing with it and you refuse to hear, read or deal with their findings. They say that asking the question the way your "poll" asks it prevents admitting scientific research and the thinking of the best. StevenW eloquently summarized this in the other thread "www.sculpture.net/community/showthread.php?p=84687#post84687that started this "poll". Again, for the THIRD time, I am not undecided. And I am not for Chaos or Order.
Thanks jOe I have removed you from the voting.

So far

1 undecided

6 ORDER

4 CHAOS
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-07-2009, 01:52 PM
SPRINGFIELD SPRINGFIELD is offline
Level 10 user
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BURBANK CALIFORNIA
Posts: 731
Re: ORDER OR CHAOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
Springfield,
I think time is relevant and related to order/chaos, because I remember someone tell me after so much time and I still had a big mess in my bedroom By the way folks, forgive me too if at times a show no reading comprehension skills: no comprende either Spring.
Time may not be as irrelevant, as there`s a succesion of events, even if in a circle or a cycle squeme. At some point in that chain of events, it`s been scientifically proven that to every action there is always opposed an equal reaction. So this physical law is consecuent with the law of Karma. The former and the latter simply apply to different forms of energy... this is a too subtle and subjective topic, and definetely beyond understanding for some of us, brainy ants. Truly, lets concentrate on what hàppened and not when it did.
I am curious about the basis upon which people do things
Is there no one who can figure out the purpose of this poll?
Perhaps a monitary challenge would encourage some thinking out of the box amongest you all. [Is that OK on this forum I'm itching to do it}
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12-07-2009, 02:21 PM
GlennT's Avatar
GlennT GlennT is offline
Level 10 user
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 4,213
Re: ORDER OR CHAOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jOe~ View Post
Anyone who "thinks" that there is substance in the Sarah Palin saga hears what they want to hear without listening/understanding/paying attention. It must be a faith thing...way beyond the confines of logic.
"We should drill our own oil rather than being dependant upon the middle-east for our energy supply and propping up dictators by purchasing their oil."

OH MY GOSH!!! How utterly illogical!!!
We instead must remain dependant on foreign oil so we can go to wars over it ( presumeably) and give liberals something to be angry about!


"Government needs to lower taxes on small businesses, and get out the way rather than restricting them if we want to help grow our economy"

What, are you kidding me? How could she think that? No logic there. Must be some kind of Christian Science phenomena or something! Tax 'em, baby, tax em! Let government take from the producers and give to the unproductive. That'll end the recession!


" Human life is precious. Government should not be party to the killing of the unborn."

No, no, no...more illogical thinking! Isn't it in the Constitution, or was it the Declaration of Inside My Pants, that if I want a baby to go away I should be able to kill it?

Who did she think she was anyways, taking on the corruption in Alaska, even within her own party? She should have left a more noteworthy saga, like Obama, winner of the Nobel Peace Prize for doing...something...happy...in the future...we hope...." Now there's some real faith!

P.S. sorry Springfield for the diversion in the poll. If only jOe didn't get me started...
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 12-07-2009, 02:50 PM
SPRINGFIELD SPRINGFIELD is offline
Level 10 user
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BURBANK CALIFORNIA
Posts: 731
Re: ORDER OR CHAOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennT View Post

P.S. sorry Springfield for the diversion in the poll. If only jOe didn't get me started...
That's OK GlennT I always enjoy the reasoning behind your arguments.

Looks like this thread has about pooped out anyway.

Thanks for you vote.I also enjoyed Cratex's vote very much , you can always count on him to be direct and unanticipated.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 12-07-2009, 03:05 PM
grommet grommet is offline
Level 10 user
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,279
Re: ORDER OR CHAOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGFIELD View Post
I am curious about the basis upon which people do things
Is there no one who can figure out the purpose of this poll?
Perhaps a monitary challenge would encourage some thinking out of the box amongest you all. [Is that OK on this forum I'm itching to do it}

not really interested in why by now, only quelling rampant illogic.

BTW
"thinking out of the box " means no changes need be made, it's useable straight out of the package/box.
"thinking outside the box" means you're entertaining creative streams of thought aside from the ordinary.
You've been very clear about which of those two you find acceptable.

Go fish.


yes, that's right Glenn, it's all Joe's fault. I think tomorrow is your day though...
__________________
Taking my own advice
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 12-07-2009, 03:18 PM
jOe~'s Avatar
jOe~ jOe~ is offline
Level 10 user
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Spokane, Wa
Posts: 3,190
Re: ORDER OR CHAOS

Quote:
BTW
"thinking out of the box " means no changes need be made, it's useable straight out of the package/box.
"thinking outside the box" means you're entertaining creative streams of thought aside from the ordinary.
You've been very clear about which of those two you find acceptable.

Go fish.
Surgical.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 12-07-2009, 03:27 PM
The Forge's Avatar
The Forge The Forge is offline
Level 10 user
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 578
Re: ORDER OR CHAOS

If it was not for chaos, we would not know what order was. So we need both.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 12-07-2009, 03:32 PM
SPRINGFIELD SPRINGFIELD is offline
Level 10 user
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BURBANK CALIFORNIA
Posts: 731
Re: ORDER OR CHAOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jOe~ View Post
Surgical.
Very good I stand corrected. My spelling isn't always correct either.

Perhapes now you can recognize your own faults and vote.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 12-07-2009, 03:35 PM
SPRINGFIELD SPRINGFIELD is offline
Level 10 user
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BURBANK CALIFORNIA
Posts: 731
Re: ORDER OR CHAOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Forge View Post
If it was not for chaos, we would not know what order was. So we need both.
Do we need both in ballance always? See post 32.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 12-07-2009, 03:50 PM
SPRINGFIELD SPRINGFIELD is offline
Level 10 user
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BURBANK CALIFORNIA
Posts: 731
Re: ORDER OR CHAOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by grommet View Post
not really interested in why by now, only quelling rampant illogic.
I don't see how somewone who claims to have been interested at one time hasn't bothered to cast a vote. You have been so vauge I haven't even listed you as undecided.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 12-07-2009, 03:57 PM
grommet grommet is offline
Level 10 user
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,279
Re: ORDER OR CHAOS

i voted, you just won't recognize my vote.

and my point was not to correct you, but to identify the serendipitous meanings of the two different phrases, and note your demonstrated preferences.
__________________
Taking my own advice
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 12-07-2009, 03:59 PM
jOe~'s Avatar
jOe~ jOe~ is offline
Level 10 user
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Spokane, Wa
Posts: 3,190
Re: ORDER OR CHAOS

Quote:
Perhapes now you can recognize your own faults and vote.
Did you read and understand post #60? Well, obviously not. Adios!
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 12-07-2009, 04:01 PM
GlennT's Avatar
GlennT GlennT is offline
Level 10 user
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 4,213
Re: ORDER OR CHAOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by grommet View Post
"thinking out of the box " means no changes need be made, it's useable straight out of the package/box.
"thinking outside the box" means you're entertaining creative streams of thought aside from the ordinary.


yes, that's right Glenn, it's all Joe's fault. I think tomorrow is your day though...
How about thinking without a box to begin with?

No need to procrastinate 'til another day!
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 12-07-2009, 04:02 PM
SPRINGFIELD SPRINGFIELD is offline
Level 10 user
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BURBANK CALIFORNIA
Posts: 731
Re: ORDER OR CHAOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by grommet View Post
i voted, you just won't recognize my vote.

and my point was not to correct you, but to identify the serendipitous meanings of the two different phrases, and note your demonstrated preferences.
I have made no secret of my preferance ORDER. So your help is not needed.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Sculpture Community, Sculpture.net
International Sculpture Center, Sculpture.org
vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Russ RuBert