Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Community Announcements > Polls
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2008, 08:57 PM
Level 10 user

Re: make a living

Quote:
I am also surprised that Matt couldn't get his point across, this must surely be a first for you, Matt.
Naw. I think folks actually don't get most of what says. He is just not a pit bull about it. Its your loss if you don't read carefully.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:39 PM
Level 10 user

Well Wayne, I DO believe that Resolution and Confusion trod together on the same path...and if I'm walking between the two, I'll talk to whichever one seems to listening at the time.

And you're right. All creative efforts were not created equal. Some you can sleepwalk through, some tickle your fancy, some give a thrill and some make it to Art. (but I can say that I do manage to avoid the boring ones anymore).

Last edited by evaldart : 12-19-2008 at 06:59 AM.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:11 PM
Level 10 user

he’s just screwin with your heads
after bending all those curly cues, he added some linear bone yard stuff to it and it just turned out looking like a “bench”

what's so wrong with an implied function when creating art?

250 elbeeze ea.

Last edited by Duck : 05-10-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:44 PM
Level 10 user

cuz then people park their keisters on it & wipe boogers on it because it's just a bench. - course they do that to "sculpture" too so I dunno, perhaps it represents a malleability I don't feel, personally.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:49 PM
Level 10 user

Naw, E wouldn't screw with our heads. I think he is to sincere for that. Nice chairs Duck, I'll bet one of the implied "functions" of these is that they are theft proof. Nobody can "steel" them from you.

Dustin, if what you conjour up sells , then pursue that passion. I am not making a"living" just yet but it does make a nice contribution to our lifestyle. Also life itself is in the way of fully pursuing my passion. Homeschooling two kids and all the running around we do in offering choir practice, piano/violin lessons , and the list goes on and on....I hope to devote more time to "art" each year and eventually make enough to spend six months a year in beautiful, sunny Sarasota , Florida!!!

I have no art traing whatsoever (unless you count 20+ years of hairdressing) and yet my stuff sells and I have people coming to me for "art" and "functional art". Life is great! Winter stinks!

www.tiredironsculptures.com
Old 12-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Level 10 user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired Iron View Post
Whew! Just read all five pages of this thread in one sitting! WOW! What I myself noticed is that Evaldart TRIED to convey (and no one seemed to get it) was that making a "bench" is a boring , been there done that, bill paying composition. What he would RATHER spend his time doing is in fact that "Jump out of your seat and create" feeling that travelbud mentioned. I am amazed that with all the "users" here (I am referring to the high you get when you are truly CREATING) that not one caught on to what he (Evaldart) was trying to say. I am also surprised that Matt couldn't get his point across, this must surely be a first for you, Matt.

P.S. Nice bench , Matt

Dustin , welcome aboard!
you know, I'm pretty sure everyone gets that part about him. I think people were also saying "but it's a really nice bench" Which has nothing to do with the maker and everything to do with the coveting of output by us puny-muscled geeks.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:12 PM
Level 10 user

"you know, I'm pretty sure everyone gets that part about him. I think people were also saying "but it's a really nice bench" Which has nothing to do with the maker and everything to do with the coveting of output by us puny-muscled geeks." Grommet

Yeah, well no one let on that they knew! Besides...I've seen one picture of you with one of your pieces somewhere on this forum and I"d say your physique didn't look like it was puny in the muscle department and besides that...don't say "we" when referring to said puny muscles unless you have a mouse in your pocket! Matt, you're still my superhero

www.tiredironsculptures.com
Old 12-19-2008, 05:21 PM
Level 10 user

I just didn't want to come right out & confess that I could kick your fanny on the off chance that you're bigger than me, or can run fast or, i don't have my superhero steel-toed boots on or...