Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Community Announcements > Polls
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2008, 01:05 AM
Level 10 user

Nasty Foods

Tonight, after a particularly unpleasant day of mundane plasma cutting, I finally cracked open that old can of petite smoked oysters in cherry wood cottonseed oil that I've been staring at for years. I ate them on Saltines .As I relished each bite I thought " This is a Nasty Food ". I loved every morsel.

Over the years I've eased up on my dietary restrictions, anymore I'll eat just about anything. It's all good.

So what do you all eat that's " Nasty " ?
Old 02-19-2008, 02:20 AM
Level 10 user

Re: Nasty Foods

after a day of plasma sniffing i am surprised you could taste them. close to oysters, only just above the spring time fat oysters from the roman beds at mersea, uk, with lemon juice.. is sea urchin. one taste and your hooked. there simply is nothing to beat them. i even dreampt about them 3 nights ago. swimming off Crete picking them up, scooping them out. pure gold, its what the teaspoon was really invented for..
i am glad you started this one, food is the only other subject of worth other than art, had considered putting up a 'sculptors last breakfast' poll, but thought i might get a bit depressed with the evoked scenes from blazing saddles...
Old 02-19-2008, 07:16 AM
Level 10 user

A stilton cheese milkshake made with cream.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:38 AM
ISC Member

I keep a large supply of sardines in tomato sauce in the studio. Eat them right out of the can and then I get back to work.

Ari.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:04 AM
Level 10 user

There is very little out there to compare to a good Chicago deep dish pizza, such as can be found at Pizzaria Uno or Gino's East.
Unfortunately, my 460 mile distance is outside of their delivery radius.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:42 AM
Level 10 user

Nasty food? Everything with an artificial sweetener, especially beverages. Non fat milk.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:19 PM
Level 10 user

Brown-gravy shakes, cheeseburger sundaes, butterscotch nachos...Tasty Queen fare. Cant wait for springtime (its closed for winter).

There was an middle-eastern pizza joint in Hoboken that served falaffel-salad pizza...damn good. They also had an ass-kickin' curry buffalo chicken pizza. I think I was the only one who ate there, out of biz for awhile now.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Level 10 user

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahirschman View Post
I keep a large supply of sardines in tomato sauce in the studio. Eat them right out of the can and then I get back to work.

Ari.
mmm sardines mustard, tomato, soya oil, jalpeno love them all especially when they come full of eggs
Old 02-19-2008, 07:25 PM
Level 10 user

yep, blazing saddles as predicted
Old 02-20-2008, 06:34 AM
Level 10 user

Come to health concious Scotland,
in dark parts of Edinburgh and other outlying areas-

We can offer you deep fried pizzas and mars bars.
Good for the arteries!
Old 02-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Level 10 user

spider crab sushi roll, with all the legs hanging out of the top to crunch on.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:37 AM
Level 10 user

I'm really looking forward to the " Testical Festival " held in the tiny town of Tiro, Ohio.....five miles up the road from my Polebarn/studio. Last week end in april. It's free !!! They just give the deep fried pigs balls away ( expect to stand in like awhile ). They look and taste like chicken Mcnuggets. Should any of you forumites choose to attend......you can pass out on my hard studio floor ( many beers must be consumed......we have a designated driver ). It's a rough crowd ( lots of bikers ) but fun in a strange and desperate way.

Bring your own hot sauce, they charge three bucks a bottle ( still cheaper than authentic Void ). I'll be asking for extra hot sauce next time I'm at Taco Bell.

Also, they sell awesome T-shirts.......let your friends know.......you like " Nasty Foods ".
Old 02-21-2008, 05:42 AM
Level 10 user

Aaron, that sounds like one helluva good time...beer, fried pig balls, hot-sauce, t-shirts and accomodations on the studio floor! Shit, I wish I could be there...you be sure to consume my portion too (and buy me an x-large shirt, I'll send you the money).
Old 02-21-2008, 12:01 PM
Level 10 user

Quote:
Testical Festival " held in the tiny town of Tiro, Ohio.....
I wonder if they deliver...
Old 02-22-2008, 02:53 PM
Level 10 user

Better not go out without your cast iron cod piece.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:13 PM
Level 10 user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlouis View Post
Better not go out without your cast iron cod piece.
never eaten one of those
Old 02-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Level 10 user

well, you know there's so much heavy metal in the water these days...
Old 02-22-2008, 10:19 PM
Level 6 user

One of my favorite things to eat at the bars when I was in Japan last semester was fried chicken cartalidge, soo good. Not mention some of the other crazy things there, whale was great. Back home I enjoy some good old Rocky Mountain Oysters, green chili with tripe and nothing beats a Tabasco spam omelet for breakfast. I have come to learn that some of the best food in the world comes from places where you really dont want to know if they meet health code. My golden rule in life is always try something twice, you never know if that first place was any good.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:55 AM
Level 10 user

If you ever get a hankering for a re-vitalizing snack see if you can find som Tower Isle Jamacian beef patties, and be sure that they are the "peppery hot" variation. They'll be in the frozen goods section, six in a box. Absolute greasy, heavenly, agony...bite after bite. Only the next bite will give some relief, so you'll have to eat three or four at one sitting...and then face the music.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Level 10 user

Had a hankering for HotDogs tonight ( a nasty food ) and when I went to get them out of the fridge I just happened to notice the Bacon. Thought to myself " I could grill that bacon and have grilled bacon hotdogs ".......so I did.

Hey gang, you can grill bacon, WOW !!!! It tastes great.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:49 PM
ISC Member

Nasty foods include some great Southern Cooking. Grits made at any Your House in NC with a small pat of butter oozing through the top surface of the grits. Greasy french fries smothered in brown gravy at the Blue & White Restaurant in town. Fresh Chicken Salad sandwiches on a fresh sesame seed bagel - worth a 50 mile roundtrip to Bentleys in Hagerstown. The smell and taste of thick sliced bacon wafting through the house, with slice of home made raisin bread popping out of the toaster, and the smell of the expresso maker chugging its heady brew. Finally for dessert, either a homemade apple, pineapple, and raisin pie or homemade apple, blueberry, and pineapple pie. Fat wads of Breyers Vanilla Bean (or equiv ice cream) optional.

To top it off a Sam Adams beer chilled in the freezer for between 15 & 30 minutes. Pulled out just as the ice forms in the neck of the bottle when opened.

Geez, I am getting hungry and I just ate. And to allay any concerns, I am only 217 at 6'4". Just as healthy as the day is long.

Carl
Old 10-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Level 10 user

go to kroger and ask someone to bring you the most calories for thirty bucks and that's pretty much my diet.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:48 AM
Level 10 user

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljamesx1 View Post
go to kroger and ask someone to bring you the most calories for thirty bucks and that's pretty much my diet.
Definitely the right thing for fueling sculptural endeavors/activities. CJ, Try the "banana PBJ with cream cheese on Wonder bread" for your 2 a.m. snack (triple decked). Makes the wait for breakfast much less painful...and then amazing things can happen before lunch..
Old 10-17-2008, 02:13 AM
Level 10 user

My theory is that somewhere along the lines our species got a taste for straight up carbon. We noticed an aboundance of protein after a wind driven brush fire on the savanah and never looked back. Before long the smell of smoke signaled loads of free food and our fear of fire vanished. While the other primates focused on raw foods, we sought out all things cooked by our friend fire. One thing lead to another and our love for broiled fat resulted in wire feed welders, plasma cutters and all things fossil fuel. Natural selection has every critter chasing one flavor or another. It defines us. Yes, we will eat just about anything, especially if it's been grilled. Nasty foods seem much less nasty after having been held over a flame.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:52 AM
Level 10 user

I guess the last few generations have "evolved" quite rapidly. All food types can now be found in the frozen food section of grocery stores, from pancakes to hamburgers. No grilling needed, only a microwave.