Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Sculpture Roundtable Discussions > Sculpture focus topics
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Level 1 user

Loveland Academy

Does anyone know the status of the Loveland Academy in Loveland, CO? I tried to call them recently and their phone was disconnected. Their web site is down. Are they out of business?
Old 08-06-2006, 02:42 PM
Level 1 user

Re: Loveland Academy

Unfortunately I don't have any news for you. I've also wondered what's going on with the Loveland Academy. The site says "Under Construction", their phone seems to be disconnected, and an email I sent to info@lovelandacademy.com today was returned "undeliverable".
Old 08-07-2006, 03:31 AM
Level 10 user

Wow. Luckily I was not one of the students there. I don't want to be re-educated.

Anyway, this website may give a clue to what's happened to this Academy.

It says near the top of the Homepage,

"Loveland Academy of Fine Art - Master Album

The Albums contained here represent the last 4 classes every (sic) held by the Loveland Institute of Fine Art. October 21st 2005 was a sad day for all involved.

Please note. The fine art / pencil does contain nudity."

Does the above imply the Academy was closed down on Oct 21, 2005? And note the webmaster highlighting the fact that the album artworks do show nudity".
Old 08-11-2006, 07:42 AM
Level 10 user

This is about sculpture in Loveland.

Coming up very soon is the 15th Annual Loveland Invitational Show & Sale, Aug 11, 12 & 13.

The Show is being claimed to be "The Largest Outdoor Sculpture Show in America, over 320 artists". Loveland is truly big on sculpture.

I just wonder if there'll be nudity among the sculptures on show and sale.

Related to this, the front-page of the Sculpture Show website I linked above shows a drawing of Michelangelo's David, just the upper body, not the whole sculpture. I don't know what this signifies, if anything. David is of course one of the best known sculptures of all time, and we all know it shows an stunningly beautiful nude male.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:09 PM
Sculptor

I'm glad to see that the annual show went on (this weekend, ending today), but this web address says nothing about Loveland Academy, so far as I could see. I hope we get further reports on the show.

The City of Loveland well may have faced lawsuits by previously engaged artists had the show been cancelled on short notice. Although I did not consider the Academy suited to my own purposes, I hate to see such a prominent school shut down.
Closed Thread