Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Sculpture Roundtable Discussions > Construction techniques and processes
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2017, 09:33 PM
Level 4 user

Casting Bronzes in Central Florida

I've built my own working ceramic shell bronze foundry in Ocala, Florida. I'm looking for other sculptors who want their work cast to split the cost of supplies.

This is not a money making proposition. I'm **NOT** a huge commercial foundry. I'm just an artist like the rest of you who's just looking for other artists to split the costs of supplies. You will only pay the cost of those supplies. The more artists I can find to go in with me the cheaper it will be for all of us.

This is a small foundry. The largest piece I can cast is about a foot tall. That may change some what if I find someone who's also interested in also helping pour the bronze but for now assume about a foot is the limit.

And you will have to do your own finishing work. I have the equipment to blast off the shells and cut off the sprues but you'll need your own tools for the rest of the finishing. I'm willing to show you how to do everything you need to do.

What I need is other artists to help spread out the cost of supplies. Either respond here or private message me if you're interested.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:21 PM
Level 10 user

Re: Casting Bronzes in Central Florida

So suppose I sent you a wax model that was about a foot high, that would weigh 10 lbs when cast. How much would it cost to shell it, burn it out, cast it in silicon bronze, clean off the shell and cut off the gates?
Old 04-05-2017, 08:16 PM
Level 4 user

Re: Casting Bronzes in Central Florida

Thanks but that's really not what I'm looking for. I'm hoping to find a few local artists who want to cast more than once. And they will be able to do most of the labor which is what makes bronzes so expensive.

Besides while it's possible that the wax could to me in one piece shipping the bronze back to you might be pricey.