Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Sculpture Roundtable Discussions > Figurative Sculpture
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2008, 02:54 PM
Level 5 user

blake?

i keep seeing pics by some guy named blake, but i can't seem to find a link to his site. is he actually a member of this forum or have other people just added his work to the gallery and that's why i can't find a link?
Old 05-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Level 10 user

Re: blake?

Look at happenings (bottom) under Fragments. i just pushed it for you. Saw it in NYC reaaly cool.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Sculptor

I see suburbanartists beat me to it, but Blake has been a member for a long time, and a very active figurative sculptor. I hate to summarize for fear of getting details wrong, but he has worked in Italy and France, possibly also the U. S., and may be at home somewhere in the Mediterranean area now. Excellent, detailed work.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Level 10 user

blake is awesome id put him above some other artists in a top ten list i seen somewhere
Old 05-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Level 5 user

thanks for the help guys. i'm really impressed with what i've seen so far.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:21 AM
ISC Professional Member

Hello All
I am very flattered by your interest and kind thoughts, thank you.
I thought that my sites were easier to find I will have to work on that.

I am in London getting another Fragments show together and will go to Kosovo with No More Landmines charity next week to view a minefield that Fragments will clear this year.

If you are in London the show will open on the 19th of May and run through to the 31st of May. We will be open weekends and holidays and you can find us at 78 Bishopsgate in what was once a church and was changed into a community centre after it was bombed by the IRA. Quite fitting for Fragments I thought. Please come out and see the show, I will be there most of the time so please let me know that you are a fellow artist from this site.
I caught up with several fellow forum members in New York last month it was great.
Thanks so much for your support.

Here are the sites
This one is all about the Fragments www.blakefragments.com

and this is the more traditional work www.blakesculpture.com

Pictures of the work is also available on photobucket and flickr, under blake fragments and blake sculpture.
Thanks again for your comments and interest.
kind Regards Blake
Old 05-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Level 10 user

Hi Blake, I'm glad to hear all is going well. It must keep you very busy.

I have been building life size sculptures in stoneware and learning a lot through mistakes. Can you tell me any common mistakes artists beginning to do big work make. I have been able to build about 36 inches with one outside armature. I won't be able to fire this first one but the second one is built better. I'm going to learn mold making in a few weeks so I'll just mold the first one. I'll probably lose the original. I only have a 27" kiln anyway. I need a bigger one. What size do you fire in? Or do you only mold yours? Any advice there would be helpful too. Do you like silicone, acrylic or urethane or ? Thanks, Scout