Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Art Lounge and Gallery > Happenings and featured members
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2003, 12:59 AM
scupture.net

When is the next ISC conference and where?

Hi Russ,

I knew that one of these days I would see you part of ISC. Glad to hear from you in this circuitous way. How and what is Pam doing?

As for my comings and goings, I have been participating in Sculpture Symposia in Chile (Putaendo) - Feb 2002, The Netherlands - May 2002, Canada (Kelowna, British Columbia) - August 2002, Chile (Valdivia) - Feb 2003. I was in Costa Rica in Jan 2003 to meet with a sculptor who would like for me to do a sculpture workshop there. In between time, I am busy as executive director for the Society for Creative Aging here in Boulder County (a part-time paid position) developing the organization and its programming. I am hoping the near future holds trips to China and India and back to Canada (sculpture related). I will be in Chicago Mar 12 - 16 for the National Conference on Aging for the Creativity component.

When is the next ISC conference and where?

Regards,
Elsie
Old 03-07-2003, 01:18 AM
scupture.net

Hi Elsie - it's so wonderful to hear from you.

One of great things about this sculpture community I've started is hearing from great friends like you that I haven't seen since some long ago conference or event - it's been way too long.

Pam wanted me to post your email as it is interesting all the things you have been up to. She's doing great and you should come visit us if you get a chance.

I believe the next big conference is to be held in Seattle 2005, with some mini-conferences being planned before then. Maybe Rob (head of conferences committee) or someone at ISC could give us a rundown on some of the future plans.

The conferences are so important that I have been a continual advocate for them. I hope this forum can connect more people like us that have lost contact for whatever reason over the years, but are still friends for life.
Old 03-19-2003, 01:21 PM
scupture.net

I just got an update on the next mini-conference, as soon as I know more I will let you know.

Quote:
2003 Conference: the "Figuratively Speaking" Conference scheduled for July 25-28 at Grounds For Sculpture is moving along nicely. A list of presenters will be announced later this month.