Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Sculpture Roundtable Discussions > Community Help Center
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2003, 05:57 PM
Level 1 user

Looking for metric-sized attachments to sculpting tool.

Hello fellow sculptors!
I wonder if any one can help me with my problem.
I bought a pneumatic die grinder in Italy, which will not accept quarter-inch bits.
I am looking for 6 mm diamond attachments for carving marble, and having a very
hard time of it.
Appreciate any feedback. Thank you!
Wendy.
Old 06-01-2003, 10:13 PM
ISC Member

Metric attachments for die grinder

Wendy;

I have a die grinder I bought in Italy too -- nice tool but no fractional shank stones or grinding burs will fit it.

However, most of the big stone sculpture supply houses carry mounted silicon-carbide wheels and diamond burs that are made in Europe, so they all have 6mm shanks.

Try GRAN QUARTZ TRADING, INC., among others. They have several distribution centers in the US, but they are owned by a German company. They have a warehouse in Atlanta (where I live) and I have purchased 6mm shank accessories from them that are identical to the ones I buy in Carrara when I am in Italy. Most of their business is commercial/industrial mail-order, the web address is: http://www.granquartz.com

I also bought a couple of 6mm shank mounted diamond cutting wheels from The Compleat Sculptor in New York. Their web address is: http://www.sculpt.com/
You might want try to order online, but I have never been able to get their sales-site to work for me so I just call their toll-free number (on the site) and make a phone order.

Good Carving to You - Don
www.dondougan.com