Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Community Announcements > Sculpture News and Events
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2003, 09:31 PM
Level 3 user

BYU Museum of ART

Kinetic Art exhibit at the Brigham Young University Museum of Art June - October 2003 This summer my father (Dennis Smith) and I are going to be doing a large joint installation at the BYU Museum of Art. This show will include individual works by both me and him as well as several collaborations. The show is titled "Poetic Kinetics". Our main goal of the show is to fill the space with as much color, sound, and movement as we can. The focus of my fathers artwork and mine as well seems to always come back to the pure creation process. The process that is still so young and pure in children. The space for the show is approximately 30 by 80 foot in size. It will feature several of my rolling ball, and kinetic sculptures as well as my fathers assemblage flying machines. The center piece of this show will be a large assemblage currently being built. It is about 30 feet long and 12 or so feet high. In areas the viewer actually can be under the piece looking up. It resembles the artwork that my father has at the Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City (the large piece in the lobby with the water). With the addition of the kinetic and rolling ball elements that I will be focusing on. It is going to be the first exhibit of its kind in Utah, and possibly the USA. Kinetic artwork is nothing new, but it is usually few and far between that most of us get a chance to experience it. This exhibit will be that chance. So I invite all of you who may be reading this to come and see it this summer it would be great! ! ! The Museum is currently working on all the marketing aspects of the show which allows us to focus primarily on the artwork. However if any anyone has interest in being a part of this show through sponsorship or any other means, let me know and I will get you in contact with whom you need to. I am extremely excited and hope to see and possibly meet some of you there. I am sure we will have an opening reception and I will let you all know when that will be. Thank You! Andrew Smith www.andrewsmithart.com andrewsmithart@hotmail.com