Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Sculpture Roundtable Discussions > Community Help Center
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2012, 07:41 PM
Level 7 user

Need Work, preferably working with stone

I hope this is ok, to post this, if not, I understand, ...
Anyway, I am a stone cutter,carver, shaper, ...I enjoy trying to do my own ideas as a sculptor, or stone carve, but am not a "famous" or well established artist/sculptor, and kind of doupt I ever will be, I am a good worker though, and very good at cutting and shapeing stone to specifications, have worked with various materials.
Mostly I am just hoping maybe some where there is some one with a established buisness that could use somone with my skills, I have no problem with hours and hours of sanding and polishing, and or just simpley "roughing in",..(makeing the basic ,rough cuts to get a aprtoximate form or shape") ,..if anyone out there needs somone , a helper, or "master", I am open to travel, or moving to the area, as needed.
I also have worked in some foundries, Nambe Mills, in Santa Fe, N.M.,.. another in Denver ,Co., but to be honest I have forgotten the name,..it was a cast iron foundry,..but I could be interested in doing work casting bronze, and or other metals,..
The links below, will take you to some websites I have, if you want to find out more about me, also any suggestions , of places that hire , stone cutters, or foundries, would be welcome,..
And hopefully , thank you for allowing this post,
The first link, is my "gallery",...
http://artworkandmexico.com/twg
The bewlow, is a post, and thread I started, when I left my old job, in Mexico,..
http://artworkandmexico.com/smf/index.php?topic=39.0
Thanks , from Garry
Old 06-16-2012, 06:26 AM
Level 10 user

Re: Need Work, preferably working with stone

Hi Garry ,
I wish you luck and success in your artistic career. Your work shows your passion for what is important to you. You will succeed , follow your dream.
regards
Andrew
Old 06-17-2012, 04:12 PM
Level 7 user

Thank you, for the positive encouragement,...
I am pretty much self taught, but it would be nice to work for someone, or under someone, with more experience, etc. a good learning experience,..
from Garry
Old 06-20-2012, 08:20 PM
Level 7 user

Found Work,...

I am Kind of short on time, at the moment, but felt I needed to post,
to my surprise, and thank fully, I got 2 oppurtunities offered to me, and boy it was really kind of hard to decide, which one to take,..but I did make a decision, and a comment, to start work for a company that dose mostly granite monuments, they will be paying me for 40 hours work a week,working for them, but also, are letting me use a separate shop area, and do my own work, on my free time, also giving me access to the sand blasting equipment,etc,...
I will tell more about it later, but I think things will work out pretty well,..
also much thanks , for this forum, too, it has opened up new doors for me in many ways,
from Garry
Old 06-20-2012, 09:17 PM
Level 10 user

Sounds like a good situation Garry. We all must work to work. And I know you'll do plenty of good things there. Keep us posted on your progress.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:22 AM
Level 6 user

Congratulations Gary. A great job, and I like how you refer to yourself as a 'carver, shaper'. Personally I prefer these terms to 'artist' or 'sculptor'.