Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net  

Go Back  Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net > Sculpture Roundtable Discussions > Figurative Sculpture
User Name
Password
Home Sculpture Community Photo Gallery ISC Sculpture.org Register FAQ Members List Search New posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2013, 04:33 AM
Level 10 user

a happier Drifter (swagman2 and lunch)

these 3 lost souls found there way to Toowoomba in Queensland to the Jolly Swagman Caravan Park . Somehow methinks the lamb met with misfortune at the hands of the Australian Cattle dog who is giving it the evil eye!

Old 10-09-2013, 09:25 AM
Level 10 user

Re: a happier Drifter (swagman2 and lunch)

It's great Scrap! Is this a permanent location for it? How will you install it?
Congratulations again.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:25 PM
Level 10 user

thanks mack i will send a finished shot soon. they put him on artificial rocks with a pretend "Billabong"next to him to complete the story.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:49 PM
Level 8 user

Very confident posture. So different from swaggie #1. Younger, possibly?
My Chessies adopt that posture, surely to fake me into thinking that they're calm and polite ("put that tender morsel on the ground!")
Regrettable explosion of bush fires for you. My sympathies to all.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:51 PM
Level 10 user

This is strange. I know I posted to this thread when you first put it up; I saw the post the next day. And now it's gone.

Richard
Old 10-25-2013, 08:39 PM
Level 10 user

Thank you Robson Valley, yes this "swagman'' was commissioned with a brief that it was to be young ,athletic and "Jolly" . (To keep in tune with the Motel Van (trailer?) Park name)

Richard - I dont know what happened to your post or why its gone
Old 11-05-2013, 08:28 PM
Level 7 user

I like this too, it has a lot of "character",..takes me back to the days when , vagabonds,hobos, memories of some of my "travels", ...one time I was in a small town, things had taken a bad turn because I had a wreck with my pickup, (fell asleep and went of a bridge),..I had everything I owned in the back of the pickup, it was totaled and I lost most every thing. Anyway, the local sherrif gave me permisson to "camp" at the edge of a park, by the river, so I set up my camp, and also started looking for work, in the meantime,waiting for the insurance to settle,etc.. The lady in charge of the library had hired me to paint the outside of the library, so I was happy, had a little work, while I was painting, another lady drove up, and parked, when she got out of her car, and saw me painting, she said, (in a very derogative tone) "ouuh, ugh, your THAT HOMELESS person!,aren't you ? ",.. well I did not like her tone, and I thought about it a couple of minuets, I have always known where I was going when I travel, I am still "traveling", through life,..so my response was, " Well no Mam, I am not "that" home less person, I have a home, in Heaven, and I am just traveling through". Boy you should have seen the look oh her face! She got so mad, huffed and puffed, said "well I never''...., went on inside the library, then later she left, not another word. The librarian, whom had hired me, did ask me,what I said to make her so mad, and I explained, she laughed, told me not to worry,.the lady was the town gossip, and trouble causer,...she also told me, this witch, had tried to tell her she had to fire me, that she had no right to give a "homeless person", work !...
Way off the subject, but I have always dislike the term "homeless person",..
This "happier Drifter ", is a work of art, and it makes me happy to see that some one "drifting" or traveling, is a inspiration ...
Old 11-06-2013, 01:44 AM
Level 10 user

THANK YOU Garry , it is my dearest desire that my art evokes a strong memory or emotion in the viewer . What you shared with us has made me feel that my time was NOT wasted. cheers