View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 10:51 PM
Level 10 user

Re: Cultural Gothic- Paul McCarthy

Landseer wrote in "Nude Chocolate Christ" thread a few months ago:
Quote:
This "jesus this jesus that, god this god that, lord this lord that, the bible says... is as offensive to me (and others who don't believe in this) as posts extolling the glory of satan, pan the goat god, or bestiality might be to you.
If I have to read about god, jesus, lord, bible and all this stuff on a sculpture forum and somehow that applies to art, then I could start posting about bestiality and sex with animals in art and sculpture though the ages and provide images of a variety of ancient and historical art depicting it from museums and elsewhere- it would be as offensive to you as this religious stuff is to me.

So the solution is we DROP this religion stuff except in the context of describing a sculpture one is making- "this is a new bronze cross I am making for so and so church" is describing the sculpture while
"this is a new bronze cross I am making for so and so church for the glory of god thru the service of jesus christ" is pushing religion, and we are going to have stuff like "this is a new bronze cross I am making for so and so church for the glory of god thru the service of jesus christ" then I should start posting about the bestiality related artwork and provide links for more information on the benefits of bestiality since they would be relative to one another and sculpture/artwork.
Wish is granted. Bestiality propaganda herein. Offense taken. I'm a Christian and don't push religion but only briefly ever mention God or the bible. However, you've extensively promoted your beliefs far beyond discussing just the artwork. Double standard I would say.