View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 03:08 AM
ISC Professional Member

Re: FRAGMENTS EXHIBITION

Dear Friends
Here we go again... this time Fragments in New York in support of Adopt-A-Minefield. If you are in New York please come and see the show and please stop to say hello, I would love to actually meet you in "real" space. I will be present as much as possible and will be speaking about military waste, explosive remnants of war as well as the art and the inspiration behind it every day at 4 and 6 pm. Hope to see you there
Blake

Fragments
April 14-24, 2008

The Chelsea Arts Tower
545 West 25th Street
14th floor
New York, NY 10001

Bronze sculpture exhibition by Canadian artist Blake in support of Adopt-A-Minefield.

Fragments is a unique international campaign using art to raise awareness of our generations’ legacy of landmines and military waste.

In this collection of nineteen works, Blake created every sculpture to be fragmented and then named each after a different type of landmine. The result is a stunning collection of limited edition sculpture that goes beyond commentary to become part of the solution.

Blake has donated the entire Fragments collection to raise awareness for mine action. In the UK in 2007, the Fragments exhibitions generated funds that cleared mine fields in Vietnam and helped to map mine fields in Angola.

For more information about the art, the artist and the Fragments campaign please visit the Fragments website at www.blakefragments.com.

Enquiries are welcome at +1.306.292.9648 or by contacting Adopt-A-Mine Field.

Adopt-A-Minefield engages individuals, community groups, and businesses in the United Nations effort to help save lives by raising funds for mine clearance and survivor assistance and by raising awareness of the landmine problem.

Contact: Paul E. Robinson of United Nations Association of the U.S.A.,
801 Second Avenue, New York, NY 10017
Telephone +1 (212) 907-1310 www.unausa.org
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	540
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	8130  Click image for larger version

Name:	fragments.gif
Views:	529
Size:	31.1 KB