View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 08:35 AM
ISC Professional Member

Re: FRAGMENTS EXHIBITION

Hello All
Sorry to be out of touch, I have been travelling. It was a 15 hour flight from Singapore to Toronto, and a 12 hour time change but I made it. I think... Tom Waits described how I feel like; "a spent piece of used jet trash".

I was able to meet up with Merlion in Singapore, it was great to meet for coffee and a chat, it made Singapore seem so much more familiar to me to have someone I knew there Thanks Merlion for taking the time to see me.
I have been asked to show Fragments in Saigon and I will try to arrange Hanoi as well, there is even a small chance for a show in Singapore, so it was a very useful trip.

I also meet with some of the people who were removing the landmines in Vietnam, it was a very special time, and although I could not go to the fields that were cleared I was able to speak to some of those who supervised the clearance.

Grommet
I donít think that I have really started anything it is more that I have joined the ranks of so many people who are working to remove landmines and to try to ban cluster munitons. I have started a web site at www.motive-art that speaks of many other projects where artists are doing things for charity, check it out if you have time.

Obseq
Thank you for the tribute and the support you have offered. I am in NY city next week to see a Mine clearance charity in order to try to show Fragments in NY. I hope to see Jason Gillespie while I am here, it is fun to meet people that I have gotten to know through this forum (thanks Russ). I would love to make it to the ISC conference some year and get to know more of the wonderful artistic friends who make up this site.
I will post a note to let you know the outcome of my meetings.
Thanks to all of you for tuning in and Merlion for the coffee.
Regards
Blake
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Brand-Apple-web-140small-.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	7646  Click image for larger version

Name:	Blake-group-websmall.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	7647