View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 02:29 AM
ISC Professional Member

Re: FRAGMENTS EXHIBITION

Merlion
MAG actually stands for Mine Advisory Group . But we will add Motive Art for Good as well great idea!
MAG is the organization that FRAGMENTS are funding through NO MORE LANDMINES in Vietnam. NO MORE LANDMINES use several organizations to clear landmines and unexploded bombs (UXO) in different countries in the world, but NO MORE LANDMINES also provide Survivor Support and Mine Awareness Education. MAG deals only with clearance and will clear any explosive devise including the 1000-pound bomb that did not explode when dropped some 30 years ago. There are many of these unexploded weapons that remain in Vietnam for example, where in Cambodia it is mainly landmines that contaminate the country. In Iraq, Afghanistan, and Lebanon cluster bombs are very prevalent, so you can see that the problem changes with the country. Over 90 coutries in our world are contaminated by unexploded weapons of war.
Using our art we can help I am very pleased to know that Fragments are already making a difference.
Thanks for you interest and support.
Blake