View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 12:36 AM
Level 10 user

Re: Attaching limbs to a torso?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookysully View Post
Your advice is why I come here and explore, thanks! I have to ask though, since I'll be having the mold made instead of doing it myself (due simply to the fact that I don't know what I'm doing and usually have a hard time finding what I'm looking for by not being completely fluent in the native tongue where I live) wouldn't it be easier to just make separate molds and attach the pieces after the fact instead of splitting a mold and risk breaking the piece or paying extra for a much more complicated mold making process?

The space between my character's R forearm and his R leg is only about 3/16 of an inch and seems way too close for comfort while trying to remove him from the mold. No? If you could explain the advantages of a complicated mold vs attaching pieces afterwards I could get my head around it better I think. Is it just a time factor or are there other benefits?
Ive made a suggestion, and explained the benefit. But only you can make the final decision on whether it would be the best way or not, based on what you see in front of you ( we haven't seen the piece) and also on how many copies you intend to make ( which we also dont know)