View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 08:02 AM
Level 10 user

Re: Air Force Memorial, Art and Engineering

fritchie thanks for the better pics, the areal view helps.

evaldart seems to be stating that the mark of an artist is an individual pounding material into shape driven by vision, angst, or sometimes in my case as a form of therapy. A viewer should be able to see the hand work, the mark of the craftsman in the work.

I fully agree up to the point that it limits art and does recognize an aspect of our modern world.

I think that an artist that can convey a recognizable idea or emotion through his or her work is a highly skilled artist, even if they do not produce the work itself. Ill use the Vietnam War Memorial as another example, (sorry about the poor pic, got to get to the studio today, that plasma cutter is supposed to come in.)

I'll go further, I think that the groups or comities of individuals that produced the Apple Ipod, a real work of art, are true and highly skilled artists in every sense even though they created a mass produced product, remain anonymous, and are drawing a salary.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vietnam war memorial.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	6720  
Continuing to win the struggle against enlightenment, wisdom, and a socially acceptable legacy.