Thread: Forum
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 08:01 PM
Level 10 user

Forum

I'm getting together with a lady from another art forum I used to moderate and we are going to try our own sculpture and ceramics forum on one of my domains. Sculpture.net just seems to be fading away a slow death, days and weeks go by with almost nothing new added.

The forum I left was having way too much hand-holding that was growing by the day with dozens of people signing up for the forum every week only to make one post asking how much some bric-a-brac antique thing they found in a garage sale or the like was worth, rarely any of them posted photos and it required writing the same replies over and over asking for photos, and in the end all they were there for was to get a free appraisal, which I had to repeatedly post we don't do there.

Another art related site I was posting to- I was probably the most experienced there, and the sculpture folder was only one of dozens of barely related topical folders, so I had all of these people fawning over everything posted like kids in a candy store which is almost worse than being ignored!

So far I have not found a forum that strikes any kind of happy medium between amateur and professional that is dedicated strictly to sculpture/ceramics without all the other craft things added in.
Hopefully the lady and I will be able to cime up with something this year that works.

I'm, not going to be in here much, maybe once a month I'll drop in, but it's become almost a waste of time to log in more than once a month any more.