Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net

Sculpture Community - Sculpture.net (http://www.sculpture.net/community/index.php)
-   Sculpture News and Events (http://www.sculpture.net/community/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   sculpture & movement (http://www.sculpture.net/community/showthread.php?t=10902)

fanch29 10-10-2011 12:29 PM

sculpture & movement

hello,
I have the pleasure to introduce you the new baby : Sigurth,
a mechanical wind kinetic bird sculpture,
which could be also called " the crow "

sigurth

a video ...
enjoy your plesure .......

evaldart 10-10-2011 08:42 PM

Re: sculpture & movement

The problem with "movement" is that it is indecisive; not committed to represent an action...but trying to BE the action. And once natural laws (physics) have begun to represent you, then you have given-in. With some strife it is possible to reverse that relationship and let an "action" quite be the CAUSE of the representation (or the effectiveness). But you gotta be into strife...if not, let the sculpture run around all over the place as it wishes.:D

But I do love rebar.....freeze that thing in its best spot (you decide) and it will rock for sure.

fanch29 10-12-2011 03:18 AM

thanks the advices,
but you know, I don't realy care to represent so much,
subject is just a pretext to find some unexpected mechanics ...
as the following :

"Bip Bip"

but you may see much more and follow 15 years about on my web :

hameury.com

marblecutter 10-12-2011 09:56 AM

Merci d'avoir partager votre travaille avec nous !

fanch29 10-12-2011 01:00 PM

c'est un plaisir, ainsi qu'une reponse in french ...
mille mercis.
about movement, outsite I use wind as energy,
and I live in a windy country ...
so each one is thought to begin its work with the smallest possible wind,
that introduce equilibrium
and have to modify their lift to be able to support storms .....
that introduce mechanic.
so each line has to be efficient & esthetic.
result is desiged by this wedding.

fused 04-14-2012 06:48 AM

I like it a lot. More for it's movement as an abstract form
than as a representation of a bird. Nice work, well done.

Je l'aime beaucoup. Plus pour it' ; mouvement de s comme forme abstraite
que comme représentation d'un oiseau. Travail gentil, puits - fait.

fanch29 11-27-2012 03:56 AM

hello,
thyanks for the answer, as you perfectly guess, the intention is not so much to get some representation of a bird or anything else, but to use it as a pretext for a movement.
you may see more following that idea on these videos about the opening of a new show room in my studio :

2012 the gallery

enjoy the visit .........

fanch29 12-06-2012 02:48 AM

I recently heard a friend introducing me as a 'mechanic-sculptor', why not, it is an interesting shortcut.
What is remarquable about mechanics is that it does not have moods, although it has a philosophy. There is no good or bad mechanics, it either works or it does not, for a long time or not, well or not. The original choices made by the engineer are reponsible for its success, as well as the means he has or he decides to have.
The meaning of mechanic is, as well, universally shared, although many of its choices reflect specific cultures. It has, in that way, a philosophical dimension. It belongs to Humanity, as well as langage, music or dance.

I am a sculptor, yes, of course, but be aware that the meaning of the word varies according to cultures, time, and even social classes. As far as I am concerned, sculpture is a way of multi dimensionnal expression. Four spatial and temporal dimensions on one hand, with the intrusion of movement, therefore, mechanics, cutural and historical, on the other hand, with its implication of fields of knowledge as well as knowhow, like any form of art, but maybe more than most of them. The means useful to its implementation go from zero to the infinite according to the frame chosen by its creator.

In my opinion, the chosen frame, or the fundemental reference, would be similar to the one of the Cistercian Abbaye of Thoronet: minimal means, a mature understanding of the elements, roughly hewn and finely adjusted, in which form expresses a 'master' word: balance.

fanch29 02-16-2013 02:45 AM

so,
would you let me know what you think about ... ?
be cruel!
MAGMA

fanch29 09-04-2013 12:54 PM

the latest baby ........
may be some will appreciate, who knows ????

AQUARIUS

enjoy !

Harry McDaniel 09-12-2013 08:10 AM

Nice work!

Ryder 09-15-2013 10:06 AM

Like your stuff. Lot's of work to get everything functioning. Do you have any issues with liability such as kids getting eaten by the chicken?

fanch29 09-16-2013 02:13 AM

thaks for the comments, a pleasure, yes, a bit of work to get a dynamic balance in any position, delicate !
about he kids, it is not done to climb in, so the large base, to be pecked you need to be more than 1.6m high ... and it will be settled in a protected area ....

but, whatever, it is some kind of a challenge for a collectivity to commission this kind of work, much better to have a standing stone !

But is there any liberty without a price, nor a risk ??

marblecutter 09-16-2013 08:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This forum is no longer vibrant. Less and less activity and movement. But the caged bird continues to sing

fanch29 10-06-2013 12:42 PM

Hi !
I have no idea why, but it seems that the "aquarius video" foud some resonnance with people, and that, as all of you knows, is always, first a pleasure, then a souce of energy to go further.
many vews are probably comming from this connection, and I must say a geat thanks to all of you who takes the time to have a look on, and for the support you gave doing it.
FH

Chris_Johns 10-07-2013 01:33 PM

I think that kinetic art is a good discipline for sculptors as it encourages a rigor and attention to detail which a lot of contemporary art seems to be missing.

As another poster mentioned it imposes a very definite standard of success of failure which, I think, is a very healthy thing for artists to have to deal with now and again.

In more general terms I'm very keen on sculpture which has at least some relationship with a specific practical purpose.

fanch29 04-08-2014 02:12 AM

some news from France :
The plesure to share a short summary about 20 years of sculpture ... may be some will appreciate .....

http://hameury.sculptures.pagesperso...s/souvenir.htm

with by best wishes to all of you

Fanch

http://www.hameury.com

RWJR 04-09-2014 08:55 AM

I enjoyed your video and the art!

fanch29 04-23-2014 12:53 PM

Hi Russel,

a pleasure,
at last one liked !
not so bad ...
I like yours too !

mes amities
fanch

fanch29 05-14-2014 03:35 AM

last news : a work in progress - 2014 may the 15th

gyratrix

enjoy yourself
F

fanch29 06-08-2014 01:51 PM

hello, all of you,
I guess that time many could appreciate,
or may be could enjoy ......

" gone withe the wind "

let me know,
best regards
Fanch

fanch29 07-08-2014 02:19 AM

good morning,

at last, you may find some words about all of that :

"the ebook"

thanks to take the time to spend some ....
Fanch

Dries 07-09-2014 12:00 AM

Some beautiful sculptures thanks for sharing.

fanch29 09-26-2014 04:14 AM

Good morning all of you,
the latest baby .....
http://hameury.sculptures.pagesperso...s/ainsi-va.htm

fanch29 10-14-2014 04:45 AM

and what would you say about this one :

http://youtu.be/sDgRC6NPUFA