PDA

View Full Version : How do you promote your Workshops

RCFA-Raven
02-13-2006, 02:05 PM
Recently, I have been given a new task of promoting 2 workshops at the Raven Center For the Arts. They are a new type of workshop–as they are branch out of clay-- covering Drawing in Color. It is of colored pencils, pastels, etc. And a e-major blues style guitar lessons workshop. I have listings of free local Community Callander’s to advertise on and that is all the help I have been given.

I have never promoted events at the school before & because they are slightly different than others offered there already, I am unsure of possible ways of doing so. Can anyone can give me advice on promoting on? :confused:

Julianna
02-14-2006, 06:23 AM
If there are other artists' groups in your area, you can let them know about it to get the information to the members. You could also send press releases to the local newspaper(s). Schools would be a good place for promoting workshops, although I'm not quite sure how to get the information to them---maybe call a few and hope you get some friendly & helpful secretaries!

RCFA-Raven
02-15-2006, 03:27 AM
Thank you, Julianna! I really liked the idea about getting some information to other schools and have written a letter to send out tomorrow to the arts teachers of one of the local colleges and offered his students a discount. I reviewed it with our director and he LOVED your idea,also-as he has friends at most of the local art circles/schools-and gave me free rain on the promotion.

Sounds like you've had some experience with promotion of workshops or like events before.

Julianna
02-16-2006, 09:36 AM
I'm glad I coulld help. Good luck, and let me know how it goes!

warren01
02-17-2006, 03:50 PM
RCFA,
This might be too much for the type of workshops but:

http://www.shawguides.com/art/

warren

RCFA-Raven
02-19-2006, 08:03 PM
Thanks Warren! I checked it out and even saw one of the RCFA ompetitors listed there.